SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donuts on the grill
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donuts on the grill Login/Join 
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted
Inspired by this thread:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6420090834

I felt that I must share this.

When you grill, have some regular run of the mill glazed donuts available.

After the meat is done and everyone is relaxing, throw some on the heat.

You get that awesome State Fair smell of sugar getting cooked, and then you get to offer up awesome hot, crispy donuts with grill marks on them.

Serve them on plates with forks and knives, and you will have friends forever.

No times or techniques - if you can grill a steak you can grill a donut.

It sounds wierd, but trust me - it is the bomb!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like to do grilled bananas as a simple dessert. Just chuck them on the grill, without peeling. Cook for a minute or so on each side, until the peel is darkened and the banana is squishy. Then cut off the peel and immediately serve with a spoon. Sorta like warm banana pudding.

I like mine plain, but if you want to dress it up, you could add brown sugar and cinnamon and/or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Ohhh, that sounds good! Always looking for new things to try!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like to do grilled bananas as a simple dessert. Just chuck them on the grill, without peeling. Cook for a minute or so on each side, until the peel is darkened and the banana is squishy. Then cut off the peel and immediately serve with a spoon. Sorta like warm banana pudding.

I like mine plain, but if you want to dress it up, you could add brown sugar and cinnamon and/or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

This right here. I like to leave them in the peel but slit the banana lengthwise. Open it up a bit and stuff some mini marshmallows and chocolate chips in there for good measure.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I was inspired by this thread! I tried it, but I can't get the damn peel off the doughnut!

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've grilled thick slices of poundcake on my grill and made strawberry shortcake desserts with it and it was delicious. You have to make sure the grill isn't too hot, that the grates are oiled and the poundcake is thick as it wants to crumble when it gets hot.

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Don't bother grilling Popsicles...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Neat suggestion furlough! Do you turn the donuts to grill them on both sides?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8942 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Yes, I flip the donuts to get that crispy action on both sides.

Plato

posted Hide Post
Another Donut idea, this is with the old fashioned cake donuts - like Dunkin used to make with the "handle".

Slice day old donuts like a bagel, toast on foil in the oven, using the broiler only. They toast quick, you just want a light brown. It only takes seconds of the broiler is hot. Eat.

I used to get them that way at my grandfathers house. Good eating. Speculating here, but I think this was a way to save old donuts. Having lived through the Depression, I think the idea may have started way back then.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Maple bars...maybe with a slice of bacon!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Roll Eyes

everyone knows you deep fry popsicles...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have to deep fry those.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Cinnamon sticky bun, Slice in half like a bagel and grill the middles. Butter and pig out.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Roll Eyes

everyone knows you deep fry popsicles...

quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

You have to deep fry those.

Yeah.

I ate a Tide Pod and put myself on timeout.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Soak pineapple rings in Malibu coconut rum for a few hours. Remove from rum sprinkle with brown sugar and throw on the grill. Throw on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream Pretty dang awesome!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Maple bars...maybe with a slice of bacon!

Now my mouth is watering.....

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post