SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How am I living?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How am I living? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
An inspirational account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Ttk&feature=youtu.be

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Rick Rigsby. First time I’ve heard of him. Super impressive.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Excellent, thanks.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A powerful message right there. Thank you.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Bunch of "gotcha" questions she knew the answers to.

As to the Korea issue I'm pretty sure he was thinking: "I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
Bunch of "gotcha" questions she knew the answers to.

As to the Korea issue I'm pretty sure he was thinking: "I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."

Are you sure you watched the linked video? The video was a graduation commencement speech. nothing about Korea.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I think he posted in the wrong thread Rey. Thx

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeterGV:
Rick Rigsby. First time I’ve heard of him. Super impressive.

Thank you very much for sharing.
I've had his quote as my Signature for approx. a decade.

The first time I lived in Houston, the senior pastor at my church made a name for himself at Texas A&M. Rick Rigsby was also a professor and chaplain at Texas A&M at that time so the two knew each other. Approx. once a year my church would have Rick Rigsby as a guest preacher and it was always inspirational and memorable.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Excellent speech! Thanks for sharing.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
Wow, I bet he has a had big impact on some people in his lifetime.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Amen!

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Powerful, thanks

Posts: 729 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
My personal Hero was a 3rd grade drop out who went into the coal mines of the Appalachians to help out his family, my Father. Who though badly wounded in WWII. And while so wounded saved 4 of his men who also were wounded by physically dragging them from the battle field under morter and machine gun fire. He then was sent home and overcame his battle disabilities,provided for his family and tought us about how much love can overcome all. A peaceful powerful man that my future bride idolized in church where he was a Deacon as the ideal family man. Was probably the only reason she ever went out with me as I indeed married up. Yep just another War Hero 3rd grade drop out. Who always provided everything his family needed. And was always there for friends and strangers. Always. Till he was here no more. Thanks for the post. It brought home many memories of good and hard times we shared together. And he is always just a thought away .

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
That made my day, thanks...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This man should speak at every collage in the country!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Wonderful!

Thanx for sharing it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post