SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eastern Pennsylvania State of Emergency
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eastern Pennsylvania State of Emergency Login/Join 
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
It is starting to stick a bit in Montgomery Co, PA. We were instructed to work from home today if possible, which does not happen very often.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I don't miss these days, for 15 years I opened a business in Newark, NJ, never missed. All my customers are in the NE, this storm still effects me but I'm sitting at my desk Utah!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It was slow to start but really kicked in about 30 minutes ago and a good inch fell in that 30 minutes. At this rate, we’ll get a good 12-16+ inches here in Berks County, right in the middle of “A” RED on that map. Big Grin

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
What does H mean?? I have family and two very dear friends in that area.

Holy Mother of God.

Thanks for a much needed laugh!

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just chillin.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup - it's winter and it's snowing.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Seems like a whole lot of fuss for only a foot of snow.

But then, pretty much any and every weather "event" is akin to Armageddon these days so....

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Seems like a whole lot of fuss for only a foot of snow.

But then, pretty much any and every weather "event" is akin to Armageddon these days so....

I heard the term Bomb Cyclone...WTF. I was in the Blizzard of 78 where we got over 30" of snow. It was just a blizzard, not the end of all storms.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I heard the term Bomb Cyclone...WTF. I was in the Blizzard of 78 where we got over 30" of snow. It was just a blizzard, not the end of all storms.

Blizzard of '78 survivor here. In Mantaloking NJ the drifts went up over the roof. We didn't go to school that week.

Go back 50 to 100 years and there's been some really wicked blizzards the likes of which we've never seen.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are still here. The storm set up further south east than what was anticipated. We still ended up with 8-10" of heavy wet snow. We were in the "A" section of both maps. Hopefully everyone else was prepared and doing well.

I'd rather be prepared for the worst and hope for the best, than be shit out of luck.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

Faaaaaaack. Looks like they got this one right for a change. Heavy snow, up to 3 inches per hour until Noon, winds gusting up to 45 knots.

Suspect the generator will get a little exercise before the day is out.

I even fueled up the Cabota and lubed the blowsnower to put a hex on the storm.

Didn't work...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PASig -

We got near enough to a foot here in Lower Bucks. Heavy shit, too, that may have messed up my arbor vitae. (We'll see how they spring back once I knock the snow off the bent-down limbs. Had a pear tree split and fall partially onto a neighbor's derelict shed.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Took me 2-1/2 hours to get home yesterday. A 20-25 minute drive on normal days. From Bordentow, NJ to Levittown, PA.

A number of roads closed due to trees. Power outages everywhere. And morons, plenty 'o morons out there getting stuck. There were more people on the road in the middle of the storm than there were on the roads at 8am when it was just raining.

My power never went out but it switched on and off about 5 times.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post