SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Grown Up Mac And Cheese
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grown Up Mac And Cheese Login/Join 
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted
Just discovered this delicious stuff at Big Lots and it's great.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I always doctor up mac and cheese by adding other cheese blends and it always get some cut up link sausage of whatever I have around at the time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that instant Mac-Cheese?

I am always looking for new easy-prep dishes to take when back-packing.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Is that instant Mac-Cheese?

I am always looking for new easy-prep dishes to take when back-packing.

It's add water and heat, so yes it's pretty close to instant.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Grown up mac-n-cheese should have crab or lobster in it and possibly a little black truffle.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Bear Creek stuff. I sometimes add ham, chicken or sausage to it to jazz it up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too like Bear Creek soup mixes. Their cream of potato makes a decent New England clam chowder when you add the right things.

As for mac 'n cheese, I'm a do it from scratch guy:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...130048974#1130048974

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I too like Bear Creek soup mixes.

Bear Creek's rehydrated soups are decent, if eaten immediately after preparation. (Though nowhere near as good as made from scratch.)

If allowed to cool, or especially if you want to store leftovers and reheat them later, they don't work very well. A side effect of them being corn starch based.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post