SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proud Dad
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proud Dad Login/Join 
posted
Our son graduates from US Army Infantry BOLC (Basic Officers Leadership Course) in a few hours at Ft Benning.

Ranger School is next for him.

This from a boy who did not think he would be able to get into college.

He attended college, the University of Arkansas, on a ROTC scholarship and graduated with a degree in Computer Information Systems last May.

His mother and two sisters pinned his 2nd Lt bars on him and I was honored to give him his first NCO salute at his commissioning.

He married last September to his college sweetheart.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your son!

Posts: 901 | Location: Wilmington,NC....I-40 West, use it! | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your son! Don't forget that what your son has so wonderfully accomplished in his short life is a reflection of the GREAT job y'all did as parents. This country needs a helluva lot more of that! Congrats to you, Mom and Dad!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all y'all!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!!

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
"Proud Dad". I would think you should be! Congrats to all.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Smile

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you.

Posts: 1885 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it's all coming together for him. Good work, sir.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations also!!!!

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
Congrats! There’s nothing better than watching your kids succeed.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Congrats. to your son and to you and your wife for raising him the right way.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good luck to him in Hooah school. I think they have a good pre-Ranger course now for the IN officers. When I went in the late 90's, they didn't have one, threw together a couple days informally just to give us some prep. Going from college ROTC and BOLC straight into Ranger School is a huge jump without something in between.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
congrats!

Posts: 3722 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
congratulations to your son, and his parents!
good job!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by molachi:
Congrats. to your son and to you and your wife for raising him the right way.

Yep. You are to be commended.
Congrats!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all of you.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and to your son, SW_Sig!

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post