SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Appliance help - icemaker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Appliance help - icemaker Login/Join 
Picture of FlyingScot
posted
Our 5 year old under counter Scotsman just lost the compressor. This thing has been the most unreliable POS with so many repairs. Has anyone had any luck with U-Line or other brands?

Never thought we'd miss having a clear ice machine this much.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
U-Line makes a good unit. I would look at the Whirlpool/Kitchenaid ones as well.

I've serviced both, the Whirlpool units are easier to diagnose and repair.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that. We've also been told to look at the commercial scotsman undercounter - half the price from the residential but essentially the same unit.

If true - amazing what a name change from "residential" to "commercial" costs. I'm really gunshy on Scotsman - I'll take your advice and look at the Kitchenaid to.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post