SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ICE "raid" protestors pull down US flag and raise Mexican flag to cheers.... (yes, this is Denver)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ICE "raid" protestors pull down US flag and raise Mexican flag to cheers.... (yes, this is Denver) Login/Join 
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted
Not getting much press...

Fox covered it, but the interviewee's justified it by saying (paraphrasing) "We are more concerned about a flag being raised than in the terrible conditions of women and children held in the detention center".

Source: Hundreds gather in Aurora to protest ICE raids
POSTED 6:03 PM, JULY 12, 2019, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 12:11PM, JULY 13, 2019

AURORA — Hundreds of people gathered Friday night outside an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility in Aurora to protest conditions for migrants crossing the U.S./Mexico border.

The march was organized by immigrant rights groups, and "close the camps" and "let them all in" were two of their rallying cries.

The group began to gather around 6 p.m. Friday, and started marching around the facility around 20 minutes later.

At about 8 p.m., FOX31's Matt Mauro reported protesters pulled down the U.S. flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag.

quote:
Matt Mauro (ON TWITTER)
@mattmauronews
Protestors on @ICEgov property just pulled down the American flag and replaced it with the Mexican flag. The group by the doors is growing. Though most protestors are still on the street.
8:03 PM - Jul 12, 2019
3,995 people are talking about this

The GEO Group, the private contractor which operates the detention facility in Aurora, released this statement about the protests:

“Like all Americans, we at The GEO Group are concerned about the unprecedented humanitarian crisis at our Southern border; we acknowledge the challenge, but we are appalled by this historically and factually inaccurate portrayal of our facilities. Contrary to the images of other facilities on the news, our facilities have never been overcrowded, nor have they ever housed unaccompanied minors. The GEO Group’s facilities, including the processing center in Aurora, offer modern amenities with air conditioning, a bed for every individual, recreational activities, 24/7 medical care and access to legal services on the premises as we carry out our mission to provide the safest, most humane care possible.”
---------------------

EDIT TO AD:

Adding picture posted in the Trump Year 3 thread:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: James in Denver,

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
That worked real well for them several years ago during a protest march.
The marchers were carrying Mexican flags and it backfired on them with the news media and a lot of supporters.
My question is if they love Mexico their homeland so much why did they leave?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2567 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
On page 127 of the Trump thread.

quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
That worked real well for them several years ago during a protest march.
The marchers were carrying Mexican flags and it backfired on them with the news media and a lot of supporters.
My question is if they love Mexico their homeland so much why did they leave?

I'm quite certain the people who pulled this crap weren't even illegals let alone immigrants. I bet they were mostly all white, American born, American hating SJW's.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Maybe a great place for ICE to show up and get to work.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
Maybe a great place for ICE to show up and get to work.

Indeed. Smile

Posts: 22891 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
America has never been so full of people that hate America. They are currently trying to get more people in that feel the same way.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I always like how a young French Artillery Captain dealt with protesters.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Come to America, and turn it into the shithole you jest left? Doesn’t make sense.

Also, do these people realize what would happen if we just opened the borders without any control at all over who crosses? It would be worse than the Syrian refugee issues Greece is dealing with.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
When in doubt, remove all doubt that this is all about La Reconquista. Thanks for playing.
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I always like how a young French Artillery Captain dealt with protesters.

I'm sure the protesters would say he was a bit Corse.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
America has never been so full of people that hate America. They are currently trying to get more people in that feel the same way.
Hence why there will be, in my opinion, another U.S. Civil War at some point in our future. I figure I have about 30-35 years remaining on this earth (Lord willing and the rapture doesn't come), so it's bound to happen in my lifetime...it won't be pretty or simple. And what totally flabbergasts me is the hate spewed forth from America's own "citizens", on whom I wouldn't piss if they were on fire.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They want this country gone. Collapse our country & start up their communist utopia. I wish I didn’t think this, I see & hear so much hate on TV...I live in backwoods WV, deep in red white and blue, loving America.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the ICE security team handled it correctly in Tacoma - they shot and killed the protestor which is the right answer

this was an attack on a federal installation and should have been treated as an attack and repelled with deadly force

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Every once in a while there is a suggestion that we are dry tinder waiting for a spark to civil war. Seems both the Left and the Right want a resolution to the cultural divide enough that at least verbally we get calls to civil war.....but no one is willing to jump in.

It occurs to me that this illegal immigration might just be the spark. These individuals have been allowed for decades -generations- to come and establish lives and relationships. The longer they are here with tacit assistance from gov't powers and a seemingly schizophrenic policy toward illegal immigration, the deeper their roots grow and the more painful any corrective action.

An all out move to follow the law could result in a resistance of moral outrage strong enough to motivate more active violence. Perhaps a martyr or some perceived outrageous injustice in the name of law enforcement would be enough to begin that movement. As we've seen, it doesn't even have to be true. It only needs to be perceived and repeated.

I am convinced that we don't want a civil war and all that it brings. We just don't know it yet. And by the time we do, it will be too late. However, some behavior can't be allowed to go unanswered. Raising the Mexican flag to replace the American flag is one of those behaviors. We've turned the other cheek so long that the lawless have become bold and even feel justified. Further cheek turning will no doubt result in an all out surrender of this nation's sovereignty. Clearly that is where this is headed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
We've turned the other cheek so long that the lawless have become bold and even feel justified.

The left operates with absolute impunity in this country because they know the law does not apply to them. We see it every day. And it does not appear to be getting better, no matter who holds the Attorney General spot.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the ICE security team handled it correctly in Tacoma - they shot and killed the protestor which is the right answer...

It was Tacoma PD who killed the moron, but I'm happy with the result either way.

"Officers were called by an ICE employee who saw the rifle..."

..."The four male officers involved in Saturday’s fatal shooting — ⁠ whose tenure with Tacoma police ranged from 20 years to 9 months — were placed on paid administrative leave per department policy."

Complete article:

https://www.seattletimes.com/s...ce-detention-center/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a hostile act by a foreign invader by taking down the American flag and replacing it with a foreign flag. Too bad we can't shoot them in the process.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5155 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sure it was. Just like those "rogue IRS agents" from Cincinnati targeted conservative groups under Obama...

https://www.washingtontimes.co...ed-rogue-protesters/

Rogue protesters blamed in ICE flag vandalism: 'They have compromised our movement'

By - Associated Press - Sunday, July 14, 2019

Organizers of a demonstration against the Trump administration’s immigration policies say that a rogue group of protesters pulled down the American flag from in front of a privately run facility that houses immigrants, stringing up a Mexican flag in its place, the Denver Post reports.

The newspaper reports that some people tried to burn the American flag at Friday night’s demonstration in front of the facility in suburban Denver, while others spray-painted derogatory words about police on another.

Claudia Castillo, a 22-year military intelligence major in the U.S. Army and current legal services coordinator for the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition, tells the Post that she pleaded with the group of about 25 at that pulling down the flag wasn’t part of the plan. Castillo says that rather than pull back, members of the group spit on her, shoved her, and cursed at her.

“It was disgusting and shameful,” Castillo told the Post. “They have compromised our movement, and they stole the spotlight and endangered our undocumented people.”

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Organizers of a demonstration against the Trump administration’s immigration policies say that a rogue group of protesters pulled down the American flag from in front of a privately run facility that houses immigrants, stringing up a Mexican flag in its place, the Denver Post reports.

Riiiight. And if those rogue operatives had been shot in the act, they’d be called martyrs trying to exercise their 1st Amendment rights. The part of the constitution they weren’t wiping their ass with that particular day.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Will make great political adverts for Republicans in a few months Wink

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Claudia Castillo, a 22-year military intelligence major in the U.S. Army and current legal services coordinator for the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition, tells the Post that she pleaded with the group of about 25 at that pulling down the flag wasn’t part of the plan. Castillo says that rather than pull back, members of the group spit on her, shoved her, and cursed at her.

“It was disgusting and shameful,” Castillo told the Post. “They have compromised our movement, and they stole the spotlight and endangered our undocumented people.”

22 and an O4....wtf, someone needs their Ts-SBI double checked...

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post