SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brass disposal
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brass disposal Login/Join 
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post
Fill USPS flat rate boxes and karma them off.

I know that I could use them.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Brass credit with Freedom Munitions? Cool

https://www.freedommunitions.com/brass-credit-program

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
To revive a dim memory, am I right to recall that blazer aluminum can't be reloaded? Is there any use for that?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Not much

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
To revive a dim memory, am I right to recall that blazer aluminum can't be reloaded? Is there any use for that?
It can't be reloaded. The N and R on the headstamp stand for Not Reloadable. Not only is aluminum unsuitable for drawing down for resizing, Blazer cases are Berdan primed. The only use I can think of for it is scrap value as contaminated aluminum.

Posts: 27837 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
As a side story (thread drift), a buddy and I used to frequent a public range. We'd try to go on weekdays to avoid the idiots. One day a guy in an old pickup truck came rattling in with his kids. He was very polite and asked if we'd mind if he picked up brass, starting at the far end of the shooting line. We may be assholes, but not that much. We said sure.

So he and his young'uns started maybe 20 or so targets away, never going more than a few feet passed the shooters benches. He worked his way toward us, kids with beach toy buckets, him with a standard 3 gal. A couple of times along the way they all went to the pickup. They were dumping their treasure into the 55 gal drum in the back. We police our own brass, but didn't much care for the others range brass. We took a break and they moved over our lines and went a few more.

Just to make conversation, I asked what they were doing with it. He had a 4x4 post with a turned down handle. He was crushing the brass with it. They were taking it to a scrap yard and getting cash for it. As I recall, in the hundreds of $ each time for a full barrel.

My only concern was for the kids hands and lead. He knew all about it and had a jug of water and soap along just for that purpose. Smart guy. I'm easy to impress and he impressed me.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post