SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    We're not in a NASCAR race...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We're not in a NASCAR race... Login/Join 
Picture of nero
posted
...and your RAM pick-up on steroids doesn't need to draft inches behind my Mustang on city streets. Now back off, hemorrhoid...

nero

Posts: 4639 | Location: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: August 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The majority of aggressive drivers around here, while all kinds of vehicles are represented, seem to disproportionately favor lifted trucks.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I was tailgated today while driving my 15 ton motorhome. They were so close that they filled my rear view camera. It looked like I was towing it.

It was a Subaru Forester.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
The majority of aggressive drivers around here, while all kinds of vehicles are represented, seem to disproportionately favor lifted trucks.

I have replaced my bed lamps with 1000 lumen LEDs.

VERY effective on these oversized jackasses driving to work at 5:00 in the morning.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Do you how and when to short-brake someone?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have replaced my bed lamps with 1000 lumen LEDs.

Oooh! I like that idea.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

I've done it but never again. It's a good way to start a road rage incident. It's not worth the small satisfaction you might get out of it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
He's waiting for a point by.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Pet peeve and I really don't understand these pricks (guy or girl). Riding my ass doesn't help you arrive any sooner since there is TRAFFIC.

Trucks around here are hit / miss. Generally, most are pretty good.

The high probability vehicles around here that tailgate / pull up to almost touching when stopped are the entitled pricks in upper end cars like MB/BMW. Tailgate, inches when stopped, blow through stop signs, ignore metering lights, speed in residential, .... Everyday....

Not to say that MB/BMW drivers are pricks. Just that the pricks who do this stuff seem to be driving MB/BMW type cars (especially if mod'ed).

Ironically, my perception is that the guys around here with the mod'ed muscle cars tend to have good manners.

When it's time to pay for karma, I hope they do it alone.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
entitled pricks in upper end cars like MB/BMW. Tailgate, inches when stopped, blow through stop signs, ignore metering lights, speed in residential, .... Everyday.

I'm on the opposite side of this equation (I'd like to think, anyway). The thing that always mystifies me is how someone in a 5000# truck on shitty tires 8' off my bumper thinks they are going to stop faster than me in a panic situation. The delta is over 30-50 feet, so have your checkbook ready.

I know, they aren't thinking. Which is why my objective is to simply just stay the hell out of the way of these idiots.

As I told my kids, you can't teach someone in a 30-second encounter on the road something they've not learned in years/decades. All you do is put yourself, your family and your car at risk. I'm looking to minimize contact, all day.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12408 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Most of the tailgaters here seem to be 16 to late 20's female students or soccer moms driving their hondas or nissans without a clue how far it will take them to stop. They have no idea that when following that closely they may not even have time to get to the brake pedal before they hit the car in front of them.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:

I've done it but never again. It's a good way to start a road rage incident. It's not worth the small satisfaction you might get out of it.

Jim

The secret is to execute the maneuver in a manner which gets them rear-ended. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Most of the tailgaters here seem to be 16 to late 20's female students or soccer moms driving their hondas or nissans without a clue how far it will take them to stop. They have no idea that when following that closely they may not even have time to get to the brake pedal before they hit the car in front of them.

Around here, some teens are problematic as would be expected but not that bad.

By far, it's the soccer mom types. Around here, adult females (soccer mom or working types) that are by far the worst offenders as a group. Just watch them dropping the kids off at school / picking them up from school. COMPLETE lack of community / motherly instinct is appalling. I'm convinced that females should not be dropping off kids / picking them up. And they definitely should not be using SUV's to do so. I'm really shocked, seriously, that we don't have death tolls like Chicago here.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I drive a car whose roof is about the same height as the door sills of some of these trucks. I'm expecting one day to have a diesel "roll coal" on me.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Turn on the emergency flashers. It usually helps them to back the eff off.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I can live with the drafting if they are paying attention. Around here people ride two-three feet away from your bumper while texting or doing something while driving...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:

Today I was heading for my exit, a van in front of me suddenly slammed on his brakes. I was able to not eat his bumper as did the guy behind me.
Why? There was a big truck next to him. As soon as the truck flipped his blinkers on, the guy just had to hit the brakes and let him get in front.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post