SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not sure what to be more mad about...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure what to be more mad about... Login/Join 
posted
On Sunday, I went to the gym with my fiance. I admit that I suck with some exercises like pull-ups. While I am doing other exercises to build strength for pull-ups, I sometimes try to do as many as I can to see my progress. So I finish the planned workout, go over to the pull-up station and do one quite easily. I go for two and suddenly get sharp pain in my abdomen while going up.

Turns out I incarcerated the minor umblilical (right above the navel) hernia I had and knew someday I would need to get fixed. Needless to say, I ended up in the ER Sunday night where they first reduced the hernia back to what it was normally like. I was then kept for observation overnight and yesterday had surgery to repair the hernia.

I was able to go home last night thankfully but looks like I will be off of work for most of May. It could be worse I guess but I am figuring I will be stir crazy by the end of it.

So not sure what to be more mad about, hernias or pull-ups.

Posts: 339 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You'll find some activity you can do that won't aggravate the injury.

Walk (with or without a pet). Do the shopping at the store (let them load, and pay a little for the assistance).

There are always ways to avoid going stir crazy.

Posts: 2772 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's bad. You work out for your health and it en
ds up kicking you in the butt...er gut.

Had a friend who ran a lot. Saw him one day and he told me his lungs were good, but had both knees and both hips replaced.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
/
quote:
Originally posted by Frenchy1004:...
Turns out I incarcerated the minor umblilical ... hernia I had and knew someday I would need to get fixed....

So not sure what to be more mad about, hernias or pull-ups.

or, #3, the fact that you could have dealt with this and avoided "Sunday".

Hope you recover and stay healthy.

The next "owie" will be worse.

"Frenchy, meet "Billy" Sunday. He is Master Chief of pain. He knows pain. Boy does he ever... Slow to learn, but he learns."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post