SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Let's say someone lets their dog poop on your driveway, and doesn't clean it up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's say someone lets their dog poop on your driveway, and doesn't clean it up Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Back in March we had our annual neighborhood meeting. There's basically 1 road that goes around my neighborhood. A 2 mile "loop" many folks walk during the day. One of the topics that came up was some folks were noticing quite a bit of dog poop around the neighborhood.

The very next day I am sitting on my couch. I see a female jog by with a dog. The dog stops for a few seconds and does his thing. Female keeps jogging. I go outside to see if the dog pooped, or just peed. There's a fresh pile of dog crap, about 12 inches from another, older pile and 25 feet from 2 more piles near the end of my driveway. I do not have any pets.

The jogger is now 200' or so away. I yell, "Hey, you forgot to clean up after your dog!". She tells me, "I'll be back later." Yeah...sure. I go into an expletive laced tirade about I don't shit on your lawn, don't shit on mine. How she is a "disgrace" for not cleaning up after her dog. Man I was pissed off.

About 45 mins later 4 people show up in a car. Turns out she was 13! UGH! All 4 (mom, dad, younger brother and her) get out of the car. She gets out and cleans up the fresh pile, but leaves the older pile that is a foot away (and looks like it came from the exact same type of dog).

Her father expected me to apologize for swearing at his daughter. Well, that didn't happen and dad I get into an argument as well. Me yelling that I don't shit in his yard, etc... A very bad scene. I am actually kind of embarrassed it happened. I tell him I have 4 fucking piles of dog shit on the edge of my lawn and I don't even have a fucking dog! He tells me the other 3 piles are "not from his dog".

2 days later I go to the grocery store and pick up several pieces of fluorescent pink poster board and made some signs. 3 signs were placed above the 3 remaining piles of dog shit with an arrow pointing down that read, "PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!!".

My yard also has a station of about 7 "community mailboxes" and I stapled a sign up made of the same fluorescent pink poster board and black Sharpie that read, "BE RESPECTFUL, CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR DOG!!!!" Big Grin

2 days later I was sitting on my couch again and I see mom and lil brother walking up the street. They stop and pick up the pile of dog shit that was next to the pile I saw the dog leave. After they left I went up and noticed the other 2 piles were gone as well. I took my signs down.

I think the 13 YO got the hint. In retrospect, my method could have been better...a lot better. Had I known the girl was 13 I would not have cursed at her from afar, but it really pissed me off when she said she'd be back later. I think I found the source of the dog shit the neighbors were complaining about. Funny, I haven't seen her jogging by my house since that happened.

Looking at your poll, #4 is what I did, but I voted #3, a little more adult-like. Big Grin

I might have crossed line recently, but am don't want to post it. Or maybe it was a friend of mine that did it, yeah that's right it was a friend.

I can't express how much inconsiderate dog owners piss me off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/03/...mples-from-all-dogs/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Return their property to them, at high velocity?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
The worst case I had here was a black lab that was the size of a Rhodesian Ridgeback and to see the pile, you would have thought it was "Ole Griz". Big Grin

He would always do the number in the side yard. Since people usually feed their dog the same food from day to day, it is not hard to recognize the texture and size to determine what dog it belonged too.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
I voted the fourth option, and was not disappointed to find that it was winning Big Grin

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
unleash hell upon thier existance!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'm a monkey, so...

so...... your advice would be to fling the poo??

Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I find a dog turd in my front yard maybe once a month. I pick it up when doing daily poop-scoopin' duty for my own three crap-factories. I like my neighborhood & neighbors well enough to count this as small beans in the big picture. Of course the owner should pick it up herself, but, well, you know how some people are.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was always a believer of sending the neighbors stuff back to where it came from . I had a neighbor that would mow his lawn and blow grass on my driveway . I would sweep it up and throw it at his AC condenser . Tree limbs fall on my side of the fence , throw them back over .It would be different if they weren't a bunch of inconsiderate snobs that treated all of their neighbors like that .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the "sacrificial handshake" method. It's kinda gross, but that's why you need to prepare mentally for this show-stopper. You see, you're going to conduct surveillance until you know who's dog is leaving turds on your driveway.

When the dog poops in your yard, you're going to rub the palm of your right hand in the poop. Not much, but just enough to coat the inside of your palm. It's okay. You can do this because you're already mentally prepared to have poop on your hand.

Once a thick later of poop is inconspicuously hidden in your palm, you're going to run up to the owner and initiate small-talk, preceeded with a firm handshake. Don't let go. Give it a couple overzealous pumps.

It's gross. It's gonna stink. But remember, you're prepared so it doesn't bother you. Your neighbor on the other hand will be mortified and terrified of you simultaneously. Why? Because he is not in the correct mental state to have poop squished in his hand.

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lopezp:
I prefer the "sacrificial handshake" method. It's kinda gross, but that's why you need to prepare mentally for this show-stopper. You see, you're going to conduct surveillance until you know who's dog is leaving turds on your driveway.

When the dog poops in your yard, you're going to rub the palm of your right hand in the poop. Not much, but just enough to coat the inside of your palm. It's okay. You can do this because you're already mentally prepared to have poop on your hand.

Once a thick later of poop is inconspicuously hidden in your palm, you're going to run up to the owner and initiate small-talk, preceeded with a firm handshake. Don't let go. Give it a couple overzealous pumps.

It's gross. It's gonna stink. But remember, you're prepared so it doesn't bother you. Your neighbor on the other hand will be mortified and terrified of you simultaneously. Why? Because he is not in the correct mental state to have poop squished in his hand.
I could have gone all week without reading this post. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post