SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My turn to rant about the USPS - (a long rant)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My turn to rant about the USPS - (a long rant) Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted
I won an auction for a set of night sites on eBay recently and they show as delivered on Friday of last week at 2:11 pm. Sweet.

Unfortunately when I got home the package was not here. Oddly, a 2nd item I ordered was here. After checking the tracking on both packages, the one that was here arrived at 1:37 pm and the missing package was delivered at 2:11 pm.

To make a long story short, my night sites have never showed up. After being on hold with the USPS for 1.5 hours yesterday, I finally got a live person who said they would use GPS to track when/where both packages were scanned and someone would contact me within 3 days. Today I got a call back from a local supervisor and he told me by checking the GPS tracking, they could see my sites were mis-delivered to a different house, and that makes sense why there were 2 different delivery times.

The supervisor said they went to the 2nd house today to retrieve my package (he didn't tell me where) and the people at the 2nd house said they did not receive my package. So 1 of 2 things happened: the postal carrier stole my package or the other house received my package by mistake and has decided to keep it.

To make matters worse, I was told I have to wait 30 days to file a claim with the USPS and try to recover my funds Mad Confused The supervisor I spoke to was less than helpful and if things happen how I've read time after time here, then I'm out my money through no fault of my own.

I want to have faith in the USPS but this is the 2nd time in 6 months I've had a package mis-delivered. The last time was about 6 months ago and the postal person mis-delivered 5 large boxes of mine to a house 2 miles away on someone's front porch(the number on the 2nd house wasn't close to mine nor was the street name anywhere near the name of my street. I have no idea how they mis-delivered these boxes like they did that time.) Luckily that time the person was kind and brought the mis-delivered packages to me.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That is not even a little bit right remmy. I would be super pissed and file that claim. Make sure you let your Post Office counter person know you are pissed. It lights a fire under their ass. Maybe signature required on future shipments. It would be just like some people to keep your package in this me first world. Were it me, I would tear my mail box out of the ground, drop it off right on their darn counter top. And a few choice words.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain about them. We have had problems too.
We backed out of the garage two days ago and right over a package left there by USPS. They are too lazy to put it in our courtyard instead of the garage.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Screw that supervisor. Talk to the postmaster. That has always got me results.... fast!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
File a claim with eBay as well... They guarantee delivery of your item.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Talk to the postmaster

My "Informed Daily Digest" showed a client check yesterday. Yes, it was missing from my box when I got the mail. "Postmaster", I have been told there is only one for all the distribution centers in Nashville. Talk to him? The distribution centers will not even answer their phone.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
File a claim with eBay as well... They guarantee delivery of your item.

The problem with this is if I file a claim 1) the seller will be dinged (and has no fault in this) and/or 2) eBay will deny the claim since the tracking number shows as being delivered. The person I spoke to at eBay yesterday acknowledged they would deny my claim if I filed one with eBay (which I won't do.)

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I just had the same thing happen in the last week. Bought a bathroom faucet on a ebay auction. Seller was in MS.
When seller posted a USPS tracking number it immediately popped up as showing that the faucet package was already picked up/delivered to a recipient in MS.

Only problem is I don't live in MS and hadn't gotten the faucet. I sent a ? note to the seller and they finally got back with me saying she called the USPS and they couldn't explain it other than "the USPS person may have pressed the wrong button".

I received the faucet about four days later. Dunno what's going on.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post