SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fellow Motorcyclists - I think I need an intervention
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fellow Motorcyclists - I think I need an intervention Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I missed out on a chance to buy a member's BMW(s).
Time & finances never lined up to make the deal happen.

A K75S & R65 could've been in my garage.
I think another member here bought the K75, not sure the fate of the R65. And I don't think the owner has been on here in a while.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a clean R100!

Hoping to get in some intervention this weekend. Hoping to get out Sunday morning if the weather holds out.

Thanks I hope you do get out, I'm out of town baby sitting my grandsons...... and it's beautiful outside.

quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
Beautiful R100R -- thanks for showing me the early lineage of my R1250R. I'm new to the BMW brand (past bikes have either been Japanese or Triumph), so feel a little bit like I'm playing catch-up when it comes to the history of the brand, so it's great to see earlier bikes like this to help fill in the pieces.

Thank you I've had this one for awhile now and over the years have been partial to BMW R series bikes in particular GS, R, and RS. I think I've owned all three in Airhead and Oilhead versions and RS and GS as Wetheads. Haven't owned or even ridden any of the new 1250's yet, and probably shouldn't! Smile

Factory hard cases are spendy but they look good and tuck in tight to the bike, and the mounts should already be on your R1250R. I believe they are the same cases are on my 2016 R1200RS and they are really useful for running errands, just carrying a rain suit and fleece, as well as touring. And you'll get a lot of the cost back if/when you ever go to trade or sell the bike. If you ever want a bit more leg room the standard RS seat is the "tall" version for the R1200/1250R.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

Thanks I hope you do get out, I'm out of town baby sitting my grandsons...... and it's beautiful outside.

Sitting in the parking lot waiting for my ride partner. Have a few hours before the rain rolls in for the next 5-7 days, taking advantage.

Not long distance, but a good long ride

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:

Factory hard cases are spendy but they look good and tuck in tight to the bike, and the mounts should already be on your R1250R.

They are, yes, which is the primary reason I plan to go with OEM rather than an aftermarket brand...don't want to mess with different brackets. Short of the bags themselves, I'm all set to go.

quote:
If you ever want a bit more leg room the standard RS seat is the "tall" version for the R1200/1250R.

Actually (another) nice thing about the new 1250 is that the standard seat is what used to be the upgrade "tall" seat. It's a comfortable one, too...this will be the first motorcycle I have ever owned that will not require an aftermarket seat...an easy $500 saved right there, so I'm halfway to my OEM panniers already! Cool

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice ride there P250UAS.

quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:

Actually (another) nice thing about the new 1250 is that the standard seat is what used to be the upgrade "tall" seat. It's a comfortable one, too...this will be the first motorcycle I have ever owned that will not require an aftermarket seat...an easy $500 saved right there, so I'm halfway to my OEM panniers already! Cool

Glad that's now the standard seat, it's what's on my R1200RS and I'm leaving it on too.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
The wife got a new 750GS yesterday and she loves it. It was a huge upgrade over the old SV 650 she had.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Valpo Fz:
The wife got a new 750GS yesterday and she loves it. It was a huge upgrade over the old SV 650 she had.

Going from the SV to the GS seems like a big difference in bike style.
I imagine the GS is far more comfortable over longer distance.