SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inconsiderate automobile parkers - Updated Again (in original post)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inconsiderate automobile parkers - Updated Again (in original post) Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.

I think they do it on purpose out of jealousy and spite. Mad

Posts: 33605 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.
Spite maybe, but I can't fathom the reasoning. Jealousy, probably not, as I have a seven year old (2010) Ford Edge, with more than 100,000 miles on it, and some of these morons have newer, more expensive, vehicles. I really don't think that I give them any reason to be jealous.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A single adjective sums it up succinctly, it is because they are acting as 'ASSHOLES'.

Edited to add italicized text

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve 22X,

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23241 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
quote:
quote:
A single adjective sums it up succinctly, it is because they are 'ASSHOLES'.
Noun, dude, noun. Not adjective. School system is just getting worse and worse. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Noun, dude, noun. Not adjective. School system is just getting worse and worse. Razz

Sorry buddy but in context to the post I responded to it is an adjective.
However, to clarify I have added the wording "acting as" to my prior post.

Asshole as an adjective

Regards, Steve

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Asshole as an adjective
I'm shooting at a moving target. The first time around, the phrase was: "they are assholes." The word "assholes" is the object of the verb "are." The object of a verb can not be an adjective, it is a noun.

In any event, fine points of grammar aside, I completely agree with the concept. No argument there, none at all! Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Asshole as an adjective
I'm shooting at a moving target. The first time around, the phrase was: "they are assholes." The word "assholes" is the object of the verb "are." The object of a verb can not be an adjective, it is a noun.

In any event, fine points of grammar aside, I completely agree with the concept. No argument there, none at all! Smile

No moving target.
My last post explained that it was in context to the post I was responding to (i.e. PASig's) and I clearly indicated that I had modified my original response to clarify it (for those with context deficit disorder).
We are on a forum after all, not in an English 101 class.

I do admit that I was in grade school from 1957 to 1965 so I don't know what was taught prior to that time. Big Grin

Anyway, all is good.

Regards, Steve

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyway, all is good.
¡Bueno! I was pulling your chain, in the spirit of the Grammar Nazis.

You are correct, they are assholes, be it noun assholes or adjective assholes. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Anyway, all is good.
¡Bueno! I was pulling your chain, in the spirit of the Grammar Nazis.

You are correct, they are assholes, be it noun assholes or adjective assholes. Smile

Or Parking lot assholes - Like the one who hit my wife's truck. Mad

Fortunately, the SIG Forum has this niche where a bitch can be shared between friends. Smile

Regards, Steve

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
when I met my ex to pick up my son recently, we usually park far out in the lot and with one parking space between our vehicles. Ex had just pulled up and parked a space away from my truck and as we were getting out of our vehicles, some asshat comes toolin' right on through between our vehicles. No other cars around us and we were parked in off in the far corner of the lot.
Yeah, I frequently park way out in the boonies in an effort to preserve my paint. There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.

I've experienced this bizarre parking behavior as well. It boggles the mind.

Unfortunately, not really mind-boggling. You just need to get in the head of those that do this. The type of individual that does this just gets their rocks annoying people that do this, no more, no less.

Some people just like to poke the bear.

Kind of like the BIG truck driver yesterday that managed to take up 10-12 parking spaces by parking his truck centered all of them. And given the set of businesses in that lot I can only assume that he parked there to spend time in the fitness center.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't park on the ends - regardless of how much you think you are removed the cluster of other automobiles. People cutting across parking lots and shortcutting tend to "clip" those vehicles parked on the fringes.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I try to park with my driver's door toward a cart corral, or landscaping island. This hopefully prevents someone from parking in a manner that would prevent me entering my vehicle. I also try to park to where I can drive forward to exit the spot.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you find out, please let us know as it perplexes me too.

Like a lot of you folks, I park at the far end of the parking lot (after dropping off the Mrs. at the front door - won't make that mistake again Wink). It really honks me off to walk past dozens of empty spots to find some jerk right parked right next to my car.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
When my now-grown stepson was a high schooler, his friends would come over and park in the middle of our two-car wide driveway. Yup, the middle, so that it was not possible to get around either side. More than once I told them that if they could not do better than that, they were not to park in the driveway at all; there were always plenty of parking places on the street, even if it meant that their lazy ass hard to walk an extra 50 feet.

They must have been the long lost children of my wife's best friend. She is a terrific lady, but every time I come home and she is visiting, her car is parked in the middle of the freaking driveway.

Not on the left side, not on the right. Not close to the garage or down at the end by the street. Perfectly placed in the middle making it impossible to get in the garage or around her.

Plus, unless I park on the street, I have to move my car when she leaves so she can get out.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6371 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
After being the recipient of many such insults in my life. I'm not sure I'll ever buy a new car{or even one in pristine condition) again. I can afford it but the hassle and worry are just not worth my piece of mind. There "Will" always be asshat's out there. And they breed little asshat's!

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do admit that I was in grade school from 1957 to 1965 so I don't know what was taught prior to that time. Big Grin

Anyway, all is good.

1952-1958 here, and there was a world of difference Smile V-Tail, probably about 10 years earlier.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
These could be fun in such situations:

https://www.violentlittle.com/...hole-parking-sticker

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Staged. You can see the guy sitting on the curb.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Staged. You can see the guy sitting on the curb.

Who's sitting on the curb - the driver (or passenger) of the first vehicle? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post