SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inconsiderate automobile parkers - Updated Again (in original post)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Inconsiderate automobile parkers - Updated Again (in original post) Login/Join 
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted
Having successfully refrained from profanity in the title;
Some totally inconsiderate ASSHOLE did a hit and run on the wife's truck when she had it parked at the local Petsmart.
She had even parked it towards the end of the lot to avoid the usual inconsiderate door banging pricks.

It is a 2015, Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie that was purchased (used) just three weeks ago and was in otherwise immaculate condition.
Hit the right front fender hard enough to push it back a bit with a big dent near the top of the fender flaking off some paint.
Since it was on the passenger side, it went unnoticed until I was checking for hail damage (there was none) after a storm later that day.
Of course 1 day later it had already rusted
Could not see any cameras at the location but will ask the store managers next week just in case.

Expect it to cost at least $1000 for a proper repair.
Insurance deductible is $999.

Thanks for letting me vent.

**** Update 1 ****
Got an estimate today for $2868.11.
This is one of the higher rated shops BUT they are really HIGH on the labor.
Not the rates which appear fair but all the nitpick and non essential BS that they add on.
After reviewing the estimate I'm a bit too pissed right now to type out all the added nitpick shit they want to stick me for.

Need to get several other estimates.

**** Update 2 ****

Went to the RAM dealer we bought the truck from and got a second estimate for $1641.00, using OEM replacement parts.
Can't get it in until July 17th due to backlog of hail damaged vehicles.
Since we have a $1000 deductible, we will just pay it ourselves.
If insurance were to get involved they WILL low ball the body shop and will probably raise my rates for the next 10 years anyway.

It is amazing what can be saved when non-essential BullShit is not added in order to pad the estimate.
Although it may be possible the shop we originally went to was simply trying to blow us off as they are also backed up for several months due to hail damaged vehicles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Steve 22X,


-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward
 
Posts: 2304 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve 22X:
Having successfully refrained from profanity in the title;
Some totally inconsiderate ASSHOLE did a hit and run on the wife's truck when she had it parked at the local Petsmart.
She had even parked it towards the end of the lot to avoid the usual inconsiderate door banging pricks.

It is a 2015, Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie that was purchased (used) just three weeks ago and was in otherwise immaculate condition.
Hit the right front fender hard enough to push it back a bit with a big dent near the top of the fender flaking off some paint.
Since it was on the passenger side, it went unnoticed until I was checking for hail damage (there was none) after a storm later that day.
Of course 1 day later it had already rusted
Could not see any cameras at the location but will ask the store managers next week just in case.

Expect it to cost at least $1000 for a proper repair.
Insurance deductible is $999.

Thanks for letting me vent.


Judging from your description, I'd say you are probably way low on the cost. I had a sizable ding on the right front fender because of a parking lot asshole and it was $1,900 to fix. My insurance covered $1,600 of the cost.

Jim


________________________

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
 
Posts: 5974 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hit-and-run drivers, if caught, ought to lose their DL for a minimum of one year, assuming they even have a license.

If unlicensed, minimum one year jail time, no sob stories accepted.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 16388 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
That's a load of bullshit. Non-driving cowards.

Hell, when I met my ex to pick up my son recently, we usually park far out in the lot and with one parking space between our vehicles. Ex had just pulled up and parked a space away from my truck and as we were getting out of our vehicles, some asshat comes toolin' right on through between our vehicles. No other cars around us and we were parked in off in the far corner of the lot.

The thought of peppering the hell out of his car, briefly occurred to me. Mad




"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

GCO member


 
Posts: 6630 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Same topic, different situation.

I have a 4 car garage (that holds 2 actual cars and a bunch of "stuff"...).

The driveway that serves that garage is two cars wide with places to park 3 vehicles without anyone getting blocked in.

So I'm getting ready to go help my daughter move into her new house and have the little trailer on the Tundra, backed into the driveway parallel to the front of the garage. Just waiting on the appropriate time to depart so as to meet her at the U-Stuff-It at the appointed time.

Wife's charming sister pulls in to accompany SWMBO on her morning walk.

Anyone care to guess where she parked?

That's right, Johnny! IN THE ONE FUCKING PLACE ON 4 ACRES THAT BLOCKED MY TRUCK AND TRAILER!

Fortunately, I was able to back up and swing around her. If I had had to go in the house and ask her to move her car, I am not at ALL sure I'd have been able to maintain my composure.
 
Posts: 9748 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
when I met my ex to pick up my son recently, we usually park far out in the lot and with one parking space between our vehicles. Ex had just pulled up and parked a space away from my truck and as we were getting out of our vehicles, some asshat comes toolin' right on through between our vehicles. No other cars around us and we were parked in off in the far corner of the lot.
Yeah, I frequently park way out in the boonies in an effort to preserve my paint. There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 16388 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Same topic, different situation.

I have a 4 car garage (that holds 2 actual cars and a bunch of "stuff"...).

The driveway that serves that garage is two cars wide with places to park 3 vehicles without anyone getting blocked in.

So I'm getting ready to go help my daughter move into her new house and have the little trailer on the Tundra, backed into the driveway parallel to the front of the garage. Just waiting on the appropriate time to depart so as to meet her at the U-Stuff-It at the appointed time.

Wife's charming sister pulls in to accompany SWMBO on her morning walk.

Anyone care to guess where she parked?

That's right, Johnny! IN THE ONE FUCKING PLACE ON 4 ACRES THAT BLOCKED MY TRUCK AND TRAILER!

Fortunately, I was able to back up and swing around her. If I had had to go in the house and ask her to move her car, I am not at ALL sure I'd have been able to maintain my composure.
When my now-grown stepson was a high schooler, his friends would come over and park in the middle of our two-car wide driveway. Yup, the middle, so that it was not possible to get around either side. More than once I told them that if they could not do better than that, they were not to park in the driveway at all; there were always plenty of parking places on the street, even if it meant that their lazy ass hard to walk an extra 50 feet.



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 16388 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
will ask the store managers next week just in case

I would recommend asking sooner. Having been in retail for a long time, I know many places recycle their tapes faster than they should. Newer systems don't use tape but they do need to free up drive space.

That said, unfortunately it's unusual for retail stores to have cameras looking outside other than to watch the front door and the loading dock.




I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
 
Posts: 16258 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Interesting addendum to my post above:

Just chatted with SWMBO about her sister and her thoughtless parking. SWMBO had two comments.

1. "Yeah, I saw that. I was hoping you wouldn't come unglued on her."

2. "Well, dear, you know she IS a Democrat...mental illness, brain damage and all that."

Is it any wonder I love that woman? Big Grin
 
Posts: 9748 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
There is a half-moon drive in front of the county swimming pool. It's clearly marked with no less than six "No Parking Anytime" signs and one "Drop Off Area Only" sign. Every single day there are cars parked there for hours. I drop my kids off from the parking lot because guess what? There are no cars there blocking the sidewalk. One of these days I'm going to make cards with a big ❄ and the words, "You're a special snowflake" on them to place under the wiper.







 
Posts: 3306 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I will just be a minute, but put up the window shade so the car does not get too hot if it takes longer. Around here some folks post those shots to Facebook to see if public shaming works. {That is in the nicer middle class section of town}. Where I grew up they just broke off the mirrors on the car to send a message. In some sections of the city you paid kids to watch your car while you were gone.
 
Posts: 2514 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
Picture of rscalzo
posted Hide Post
Any lot cameras will be under the control of the shopping mall operator and not the store itself.


Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
 
Posts: 4471 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was one of those pet owners that drive their car with their pet on their lap. How is that even legal?


NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member
 
Posts: 1589 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post


That sort of thing is inconsiderate. A hit and run with damage to your vehicle is a lot more than inconsiderate.



"My wife is dragging me to this stupid play. Somebody please shoot me."
-- Abraham Lincoln
 
Posts: 19403 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
when I met my ex to pick up my son recently, we usually park far out in the lot and with one parking space between our vehicles. Ex had just pulled up and parked a space away from my truck and as we were getting out of our vehicles, some asshat comes toolin' right on through between our vehicles. No other cars around us and we were parked in off in the far corner of the lot.
Yeah, I frequently park way out in the boonies in an effort to preserve my paint. There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.


I've experienced this bizarre parking behavior as well. It boggles the mind.




"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

GCO member


 
Posts: 6630 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
When they do park they can't even park correctly.
People cannot drive well anymore, can't park well, but they sure can surf the shit out of their phone while driving. I had to switch to two vehicles. One daily driver i won't get upset at a scratch, and several people have done that. And a weekend driver that I'd flip over a small scratch. I park out in the sticks, strategically. Every parking lot opportunity is a mine field, and an op for me. People hate going places or riding with me because they know they are in for a long walk. People no longer car about their property or their own. All they care about is that damn phone and their apps.

quote:
Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some fucker did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: Fucking keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's fucked up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of shit fucked with it.
Lance: They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a fucker!
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.



We don't sell no g damned trout. T-bone steaks.
 
Posts: 8073 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Maybe it was a barrage of loose shopping carts that people can't be bothered with to put back in the cart return.
 
Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
when I met my ex to pick up my son recently, we usually park far out in the lot and with one parking space between our vehicles. Ex had just pulled up and parked a space away from my truck and as we were getting out of our vehicles, some asshat comes toolin' right on through between our vehicles. No other cars around us and we were parked in off in the far corner of the lot.
Yeah, I frequently park way out in the boonies in an effort to preserve my paint. There might be dozens, maybe hundreds, of empty parking slots, and somebody decides to not only take the slot next to mine, but maybe crowd the line so that it's difficult to open the door without clunking the other vehicle. I have not figured out the mental process that causes this behavior.


I've experienced this bizarre parking behavior as well. It boggles the mind.


Unfortunately, not really mind-boggling. You just need to get in the head of those that do this. The type of individual that does this just gets their rocks annoying people that do this, no more, no less.

Some people just like to poke the bear.
 
Posts: 2109 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Well...just don't park next to Tony's 1966 Cougar where ever he is. You could loose your valve stems. Big Grin



"Donald Trump is the grizzly bear in The Revenant. If you get his attention, he’ll be awake, bite your face off, and sit on you.".. Newt Gingrich.

41
 
Posts: 9693 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
When they do park they can't even park correctly.
People cannot drive well anymore, can't park well, but they sure can surf the shit out of their phone while driving. I had to switch to two vehicles. One daily driver i won't get upset at a scratch, and several people have done that. And a weekend driver that I'd flip over a small scratch. I park out in the sticks, strategically. Every parking lot opportunity is a mine field, and an op for me. People hate going places or riding with me because they know they are in for a long walk. People no longer car about their property or their own. All they care about is that damn phone and their apps.



I am totally with you. Surprised how many people in the recent threads about accidents were like "It's just a car." People need to wake up while driving. It is not just about the property damage. Cars are potentially deadly in the wrong hands.
 
Posts: 861 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Inconsiderate automobile parkers - Updated Again (in original post)

© SIGforum 2017