SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The New Python QC Issue
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The New Python QC Issue Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
One must expect such issues after the death of Terry Jones

BTW how was Classic correctly suspected and singled out?

Price tags gave it away for me. While my wallet certainly doesn't miss it, I do miss that store.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
That’s amazing.
Is Colt having labor troubles?

Perhaps. From my understanding UAW represents hundreds of workers at Colt, there has been some union issues in the past few years. Without a doubt, some changes in labor occurring at Colt. For example, in recent years, they have laid off a number of guys from the Custom Shop. To get a "custom" SAA takes more than 2 years, and the price has jumped over 100% since 2015. Colt has a history of union problems, the 5 year strike in the mid 80s became the logical reason for poor quality of Colt products at that time.

https://www.courant.com/busine...-20180305-story.html
https://www.americanrifleman.o...olt-s-manufacturing/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
I don't know what their deal is, but I called their "customer service" number this morning and got a recording; "our customer service line has been disconnected due to high call volume". The hell?!

That's actually pretty funny when you think about it.

Only if you're hearing it second hand.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really trying to give Colt a chance again. They burned me badly when Clinton was elected, and I had almost forgiven them. Hopefully, this is a one off.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem like any gun manufacturer can put out a new gun, these days, without a host of quality control issues. Pretty sad!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
this thread is NOT making very confident about my King Cobra that I sent back for a Timing Issue coming back in good shape

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPDATE-Colt sent the missing parts without comment.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post