SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $80 drive through order?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$80 drive through order? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
My only problems with drive throughs at fast food places is them not screwing up my order. About twice a year, I don't check it. Sometimes I'm running late for work and other times I just forget. And it almost always seems to bite me. I want my burgers/fish sandwiches PLAIN. Meat/Filet on bun. Nothing else. Usually, they burn me by putting that damn tartar sauce and lettuce (WTF is with the lettuce on a fish sandwich?) on my fish sandwiches and they are trash if they do. Last place was Arby's just before the fish went away after Easter. I got two of them and I got to work and as soon as I touched them I could tell from the weight alone that they had tartar Sauce on them. In the trash they went as nobody else wanted them. I haven't had anyone screw up a burger order in a while, last one was Wendys, they had cheese on them, so they were given away. Cheese is disgusting enough, but mustard, ketchup, mayo are worse. All make them trash, IMHO.

Where I get stuck in a line is inside the grocery store behind people with ADC coupons for baby formula. It seems like they almost always go to the new cashier who is clueless about how they work. So now if I see someone in line with a load of Similac or whatever, I go to a self checkout line or another checkout line.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
My take on the drive-thru is that you simply cannot deviate from the menu and expect either speed or a correct order. (I'm not saying that in a perfect world you shouldn't be able to order a cheeseburger with no ketchup - you should - but you have to face the reality of what you're dealing with here. Anything that complicates the process will likely result in failure.) If you're not prepared to just order and eat it as it exists on the drive-thru menu, you (and those in line behind you) are better off going inside, or getting something other than fast food.

Posts: 965 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I got behind some half wits like that at a Zaxby's drive through. I just laid down on the horn until the manager came out. Horn's stuck, I told him. Would me taking your order and having you pull over to a parking spot unstick your horn, he asked. Let's try it, I said. Do you know that that van full of stupid assholes was still sitting at that drive-thru window when I left with my order?

Some people are simply as stupid as shit, have no awareness of what's going on around them, nor would give a damn on the off chance that their cognition kicked in. The world is full of people like this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some people are simply as stupid as shit, have no awareness of what's going on around them, nor would give a damn on the off chance that their cognition kicked in. The world is full of people like this.

There is much truth to this statement and not only in the drive through lanes.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
I do not do Drive-thru unless I am using cash (which is very rare) I do not pass my debit card thru the window or otherwise let it out of my sight. If I go anywhere I can use it I will use Apple pay instead of swiping my card or inserting it.

However I agree with the OP drive thru is for expediance and not for extensive $80.00 orders.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post