SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    $80 drive through order?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$80 drive through order? Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
I eat out only once a week. All week I eat pretty healthy and exercise a lot. So once a week I'll go get my "cheat" meal and look forward to it. I save a lot of money by doing this or living this way.

This weekend it was a Whataburger. I kind of wondered wtf was going on when the young, fat, millennial girl was taking so much time at the speaker box. She took so damn long ordering the line ahead of her was completely cleared out, and this location is always popping. I figured she was just another millennial snowflake with her feelings in on her order. I order, took 10 seconds and I'm rolling. Now I'm behind the fat lady again, and I see three millennials in that vehicle and multiple receipts/cards being exchanged with the window worker. Young folks will do this, like splitting a check at a restaurant, 3 separate orders. A friend called so I'm talking to him, waiting. It's probably 20-25 minutes since arrival, felt like an hour. I look behind me and there is a line wrapped around the place. The What-a-worker finally tells the fat lady to pull to the side. I pull up, and say I'm not trying to be rude, but wtf is going on in the millennial car? "They have an $80 order" was his response. WTF! His eyes rolled too. One, I'd never pull that shit in the first place. Two, take your fat ass inside for all that. People use a drive thru for speed, we all have busy lives. You do not order $80 worth of food via drive thru. Worker was cool and discounted my grilled chicken sandwich. It ain't cancer so I wasn't that upset, but I told the guy I was gonna say something to them as I left. I get my discount and food, I thanked the worker. He says "They need to go to the grocery store." That made me Big Grin
So I pull up right next to their car, my window is still down. I look over and white fat girl in the driver's seat, a large African American male with braids in the passenger seat, and I didn't even bother looking at the back seat. As I pulled along side to say something guess what all 3 were doing?

All 3 with their noses in their phones. Imagine pulling up and seeing 3 people with their phones 6 inches from their face, all face down. A perp would have the easiest robbery in history. They all 3 looked at me, I just smiled after seeing those phones, and said wtf would the point be? Rolled up the window, shook my head, and left.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fine rant. It frosts my ass when the idiot in front of me wants a custom made, not on the menu, burger. While I starve behind him.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
All of the above is the reason that I frequently park, grab my cane, and hobble inside. Unless it's a summer afternoon with the typical Florida rainstorm.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
This, particularly at Dairy Queen. There, the drive thru should be only for ice cream and drinks. It takes them too damn long to make a hamburger.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
For such a large/complicated order, the restaurant should have had the big eaters pull forward (my local McDonalds has two designated spots beyond the drive-through windows for this) or find a parking space and bring the food out to them, not hold up every other car behind them.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Wonder how much fat and calories each snowflake ingested from that meal.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't do drive thru. Between squawk boxes, asshats in line, and my inability to leave the line, it's just not worth it.

I don't do fast food anymore either.

Getting to be where I'm about a freakin' hermit.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Your cheat meal is a grilled chicken sammich? From Whataburger?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Your cheat meal is a grilled chicken sammich? From Whataburger?

Yup. With bacon and cheese.

Remember.....I can choose whatever I want, it's my money, and my body Wink

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
All of the above is the reason that I frequently park, grab my cane, and hobble inside. Unless it's a summer afternoon with the typical Florida rainstorm.

Yep.
The Drive Thru.
I don't want what Leo Getz...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An $80 order? It was cold to start with.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Fine rant. It frosts my ass when the idiot in front of me wants a custom made, not on the menu, burger. While I starve behind him.

I believe I was behind this idiot at Dunkin Donuts today. Little miss bitchcakes ordered 4 sandwiches each with numerous questions and exacting special instructions, them moved onto the same drill with her coffee.

My window was down and I excalimed "you're got to be fucking kidding me" load enough for her to hear.

Drive throughs should be like the express lane at the grocery store with either and item or dollar limit.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I think if you can't convey your order in 15 seconds or less, Next. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
This, particularly at Dairy Queen. There, the drive thru should be only for ice cream and drinks. It takes them too damn long to make a hamburger.

NSFW language.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Wow, cursing the worker out callling her the C word? That place could have been scammed on large orders. Teenagers, what have you. None of that is an excuse to start calling a girl a c, or an ugly b, etc. Big orders, well I always thought you go inside, and wait, rather than screwing everyone in line.

Maybe it's just time not to eat out anymore. Only reason I do it anyways, again once only per week, is not have too cook. I cook all my own meals and you get burned out.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I think if you can't convey your order in 15 seconds or less, Next.

This was the case at the Worlds Largest Drive In, the Varsity in Atlanta. You better have exact change and know what you wanted. The line was a mile long but moved quickly. I was impressed. Of course this was some time back.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Wow, cursing the worker out callling her the C word? That place could have been scammed on large orders. Teenagers, what have you. None of that is an excuse to start calling a girl a c, or an ugly b, etc. Big orders, well I always thought you go inside, and wait, rather than screwing everyone in line.

Maybe it's just time not to eat out anymore. Only reason I do it anyways, again once only per week, is not have too cook. I cook all my own meals and you get burned out.

jackwads were certainly not local as they stated a long drive in and then another 175 miles to go. I would have told them to go elsewhere. But, that is me.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

I believe I was behind this idiot at Dunkin Donuts today. Little miss bitchcakes ordered 4 sandwiches each with numerous questions and exacting special instructions, them moved onto the same drill with her coffee.

This is the story of my life whenever I'm pulling into my local DD for my very quick and simple order of "large iced coffee, just cream", whenever it seems like I'll be next into the drive through, there ALWAYS seems to be some woman in an SUV that swoops in ahead of me where they proceed to ask detailed questions about EVERY. DAMN. ITEM. ON. THE. MENU.

GAHHHH! Mad

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I don't do drive thru. I want to see the humans or robots who make the food, and I want them to see me.

It's also easier to return when they fail to give me the ketchup-only burger I ordered. Frown

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's also easier to return when they fail to give me the ketchup-only burger I ordered.

I have the same problem, but different. Razz I like my burgers with no ketchup, but everything else. But somehow they hear "no" as "only." Roll Eyes This has happened more than once, at different places.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post