SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Election season spammers, I despise them.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election season spammers, I despise them. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Ever since I made donation directly to President Trump's website, my email has been bombarded daily with spammers pretending to be affiliated with the President asking for donations. Looking at their actual emails, you know they're garbage. They all went to trash. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
They text you too. My phone but used my wife's name. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Unsubscribe" worked for me.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Put as little information as is allowed on your voter registration. When we had a landline, we were call-spammed all the time. I changed my voter registration to remove the phone number, and voila. I don't know if you can remove your email address, probably varies by state. That is where most of the spammers get their information about you.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

Put as little information as is allowed on your voter registration. When we had a landline, we were call-spammed all the time. I changed my voter registration to remove the phone number, and voila. I don't know if you can remove your email address, probably varies by state. That is where most of the spammers get their information about you.

These days, it’s all about if you sent in a campaign contribution. That’s where they are attacking the OP< and I as well. They send me texts all the time, I just fucking block the number. I was replying to the ass holes “If you people don’t stop texting me I’m going to vote for the other side!” But that did no good and they kept coming.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I got the Powered by People text today from Arvind. I'm still comtemplating what to do with it.

Posts: 1058 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For text message spam I reply "Bugger off. I don't pay a phone bill to provide you or anybody else an advertising medium. Blocked." and block the number. Probably doesn't do any good, but it makes me happy Smile

Email spam gets binned, unread. Calls from unknown numbers go unanswered and the number gets blocked.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post