SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Shipping mistake by Walmart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping mistake by Walmart Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
Early last December, Mrs. BB61 ordered an Ozark camping/knife set from Walmart for my son whose birthday is today. I never knew she had ordered it and Mrs. BB61 just put the box from Walmart in the closet. So, my son just opened the package and we had three (3) sets not the one (1) we had ordered. We just checked our CC and the order and they both confirm the order was for just one (1) set. Mrs. BB61 sent an email to Walmart asking what they want us to do? If they respond, I imagine the response will cost me more time than I’m want to invest as the original gift was only $23.00. How do you screw something up this bad? And don’t say its Walmart. The order mistake still only took three fingers. Sighhhhh.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
They are going to tell you to keep them. But good on you for being honest.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Yes, they'll tell you to keep them.

I once ordered a hat from S&W and they charged me for the one but sent me two. When I contacted them about the error, they told me to keep the extra hat and forget about it.

It's nice that you are doing the right thing.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on getting your order. I recently made an order with Walmart.com just to establish an account with them. I thought an alternative to Amazon or eBay would be a good idea. Despite order and shipping confirmation, the order is somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle. I'll get things squared away eventually, but contacting the vendor has gotten no response and the Walmart.com "help" is beyond worthless -- very clunky and frustrating. You just go around in circles.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Walmart is in a panic trying to compete with Amazon. They’ve dumped billions into it and they’re failing miserably at it.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Walmart is in a panic trying to compete with Amazon.

Knowing that is why I tested their on-line presence. Walmart, Amazon, ebay...all hard to love but hard to ignore. And yeah, Walmart's on-line market needs a MAJOR overhaul. Mad

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I have been ordering things from their vendors that I can't find any place else and have never had any trouble.
The last order was for Electrolux C bags for about 75 cents each.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I ordered three Ozark camping knife sets for my nephews. I only received one set.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Their system still has a few kinks to work out but I’ve found a few great deals there.
Sometimes it’s free shipping and some go through their system and right to my local store.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Their system still has a few kinks to work out but I’ve found a few great deals there.
Sometimes it’s free shipping and some go through their system and right to my local store.

The free shipping got me interested. And I have ordered for pickup at the store. With my small order problem recently, it's disappeared from the system and ferreting out answers on the Walmart website just ain't happening.

Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
The order picker probably pulled too many and didn't want to put them back so he said "Merry Christmas, Mrs. BB61!".

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I ordered three Ozark camping knife sets for my nephews. I only received one set.

^^^^^^
Ha! Mrs. BB61 got yours and you got Mrs. BB61's order. Who'd of guessed. It's a conspiracy.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chipotle gave me one burrito free the other day. I used to point out stuff like that. Angels in our midst and all. Now I honestly sit there and think “hiring incompetent people isn’t my circus”. If Chick fila can figure out hiring people and having them be solid employees so can WalMart. Enjoy your next free gift. Maybe not the most ethical choice but I can sleep through the night with this one.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Had something similar occur with Amazon, recently. Ordered a small, 500W electric space heater. $21. It never shipped. Finally the order status said "We don't know what happened. Please order a replacement or refund." So I ordered a replacement. The replacement arrived, then the original arrived. Both on the same day, via different carriers. The original still showed as never having shipped.

I contacted Amazon. They told me to keep the extra. *shrug* ok.

(I just checked. The original still shows as never having shipped and the replacement was billed at $0.00.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid should hurt. You are doing them a favor. Lol

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:

If Chick fila can figure out hiring people and having them be solid employees so can WalMart.
Hiring people is just the start of the process. It needs to be followed by training, and leading by example.

Another point -- good customer service can not be expected without adequate staffing. Every time I go in to a Chick-Fil-A I see a small army of workers. This is certainly not the case with Walmart, where it is hard to find somebody to help you on the sales floor, and most of the registers are not open for business.

I see a similar situation in hardware stores. Trying to find somebody to help you in Lowe's or Home Depot is an exercise in frustration. Walk into an Ace Hardware and you're practically tackled at the door by somebody who asks, "Can I help you find something?" And the Ace people actually know how to help customers -- "Yes, we have those left-handed metric framistans. Aisle seventeen, halfway down, on the left. Would you like me to show you?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
V Tail spot on. Big box hardware stores started off right and then did a tailspin. Last time I was in Lowe’s looking for an in-line light switch I ended up teaching a very nice older woman employee what the differences were in the products in her department. I used to go thinking they could help, now you are more likely to help them. If you can find one.

True story. My wife used to get very angry at me at Walmart. Since they went away from cashiers and went to self checkout lanes two things happened in my opinion. One, the machines are wildly touchy. Put something on the wrong spot and it stops you. Put it back onto cart it stops.Do it exactly right and it still sometimes stops you. Ugh. Then because of theft they put the older person with coke bottle glasses who asks to see your receipt and check your cart as you exit. My wife literally just bought 400 dollars of groceries and you want to check. Nope. This isn’t Costco and I didn’t join your club. So I very politely reply when they ask for the receipt, “thank you and you have a nice day too” and keep walking. Mo one ever stops me of course and they perhaps think I misheard them. Either way my philosophy is that if you think I stole something call the cops, I’ll be loading the car for the next 10 minutes so no quick getaway. Lol

You deciding to understaff your store doesn’t make beholden to your very bad idea of theft prevention. Put more staff on duty if it’s an issue. Make it your inconvenience not mine. Rant off.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

They were headed in the right direction with the acquisition of jet.com but then they took everything that worked, smashed it with a hammer, set it on fire and decided the Walmart way was better. There are deals to be had and the deliver to store option is great but the day they beat Amazon at this game is far in the future IF it ever happens. I’m speaking from years of experience on the inside. Walmart is a disaster right now. The current CEO took everything Sam did to make it a great company and flushed it. One of their biggest problems is that they only upgrade technology when the old stuff is completely inoperable and they’re left scrambling to make the new system work. When I say “new” I mean the cheapest, oldest upgrade that will possibly let them limp along for a few more months.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post