SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS - My Choice - Scam/Theft Alert
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS - My Choice - Scam/Theft Alert Login/Join 
Picture of Sailor1911
posted
Yesterday, I see that my wife has a piece of mail in the mailbox with the flag up. A No No because a-holes look for that and steal the mail. So, I figure I'll grab it and take it to the office to send it out. Turns out it is a "letter" from UPS addressed to a name not in residence but the address is ours. I get thinking that's strange and not wanting to open it because it isn't addressed to us, I put it up to the light to see if I can see what's in it before returning it to sender.

It's a "Thank You for signing up for UPS MyChoice", a service they provide that will notify "you" by email or SMS text message when a package is on the way and will allow "you" to reroute the package. A nice feature if in fact it is YOU that signed up your address for this.

This morning I called UPS and had it cancelled and had them block my address from being signed up for this in the future. Unfortunately, they could not provide me any "confirmation" aside from the telephone rep's assurance that those two things were in fact completed. If we have any UPS people on the forum, let me know if there is a way to confirm those things.

So, watch your mail for this type of thing. A-Holes have nothing better to do than steal. I hate thieves!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Thanks for the tip. I just wish the USPS would just deliver the mail in a timely fashion, and add competent staff to do so. They have checks and balances on forwarding mail, but apparently there is not enough oversight on My Choice. I would like to know if there is another check at the post office to prevent this scam.

UPS issue NOT USPS

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mistake. Thanks for the correction. I would hope that UPS has some checks similar to two factor authentication to prevent fraud.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Watch your cc. This happened to me with fed ex and they use the account to reroute packages

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post