SIGforum
$4,366.00 charge on my card at a Home Depot I've never been to the day after I buy a gun.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/9890017854

July 10, 2019, 12:49 PM
mrmn50
$4,366.00 charge on my card at a Home Depot I've never been to the day after I buy a gun.
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Ask if it was for delivery. My guess is, for a purchase that large, it was.
You can ask, but judging from my experience, nobody will tell you anything.

we3ll, that settles it then, doesn't it?
July 10, 2019, 03:26 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Ask if it was for delivery. My guess is, for a purchase that large, it was.
You can ask, but judging from my experience, nobody will tell you anything.
we3ll, that settles it then, doesn't it?
I certainly hope so! Wink

Actually, I have been hit by fraud a few times. I have asked for information that the merchant and the credit card issuer clearly have. They have flat-out refused to divulge it.

There might be some sort of concern over their liability, if the defrauded customer decides to take matters into his / her own hands, or even sub-contract it to Guido and Angelo.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
July 10, 2019, 03:35 PM
cheni
Um, what kind of gun did you buy?

-----------------
Silenced on the net, Just like Trump
July 11, 2019, 04:42 PM
P220 Smudge
Money got refunded, still waiting for the new card to show up. Hope it doesn’t get stolen in the mail. Roll Eyes

July 11, 2019, 06:48 PM
az4783054
Unfortunately, to many larger businesses write off such costs. The money got refunded to the rightful credit card user, but the business lost merchandise. If investigators cannot ID the suspects, there's no prosecution. We all pay for it in the end.

The merchandise turns up on craigslist in a few weeks.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
July 11, 2019, 11:51 PM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Unfortunately, to many larger businesses write off such costs. The money got refunded to the rightful credit card user, but the business lost merchandise. If investigators cannot ID the suspects, there's no prosecution. We all pay for it in the end.

The merchandise turns up on craigslist in a few weeks.

That's the part that bothers me. We all get to pay more because the companies involved don't want to pursue it. With the amount of fraud committed daily, the actual realized cost to consumers has to be astronomical. It's why I tried to press it, but I can't force someone on the other end of the phone to care. They talk to people all day long who run the gamut from afraid to irate, so me being concerned and slighted pegs a solid "meh" along with all the others.

July 12, 2019, 06:22 PM
Howie in AZ
I have been hit with fraud charges several times, but one stands out from all the rest.
Fortunately, my credit card notifies me via text for every charge. One day I get a text that $15,500 was charged minutes before. Of course, I immediately call my bank and dispute the charge, also asking who charged that. He tells me that it was a heavy equipment diesel company in Fort Worth. I got their number and called them to let them know it was fraudulent. I tell the owner that he should not honor the sale, since he would not be paid for his stuff. Now he wants me to send him a copy of my credit card and driver's license. I told him to pound sand and take a chance on getting his money from my bank. He then told me that it was a company in Nogales that had ordered these heavy duty diesel engines that he was going to put on a truck the next day. I told him he would be out his labor and trucking costs also, once that equipment made it to Mexico. I was trying to do him a favor, but I was not about to send him copies of any of my info. He called me the next day and apologized, he found out he had almost been duped with an expensive lesson.