SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Needing receipts for warranty claims
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Needing receipts for warranty claims Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
While I understand minimizing fraudulent claims, there is usually a digital trail these days. Some companies go overboard with their requirements. I have found the best companies will work with you, if you lost your receipt.

I called Tyson Foods the other day. I complained that the "Extra Thick" bacon I bought (and paid a premium price for) wasn't. The representive was very accommodating and didn't bother that I didn't have my receipt in hand. I have a $10 voucher on the way, to compensate me for my trouble.

I have two file folders. One for short term receipts and one for long term. The short term folder sits next to my desk and the long term folder is in my file cabinet.

I try to scan important receipts that I figure I may need, like for firearms.

Being 30 years old, for the second time, I'm trying to de-clutter my life. The less detritus I leave lying around for my heirs, the better off they'll be.

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm old school and keep reciepts in file folders, but also required because many of my purchases are business write offs. One pissed me off though.....Kamado Joe asked for the serial number, and one would think it would be easy enough for them to put it on the grill somewhere (scribed into the porcelein or something, but no, it's hidden in the middle of the owners manual. LOL

Keeping a digital copy is easy enough to.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post