SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Building repair project - Let's play "Guess the Price Tag!"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building repair project - Let's play "Guess the Price Tag!" Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Built a 48 x 24 four car garage in 1991.

30 years of wet leaves etc laying between the gutters and the fascia have rotted out the fascia on the front and rear 50-foot overhangs. Plus the plastic (Plasmo) gutter on the front is brittle, cracked and leaking.

Needed to be repaired anyway and figured sprucing up the place for sale was a good excuse.

So, I bought the following:

4 - 1x6x10 pre-primed pine boards
4 - 1x6x16 pre-primed pine boards.
5 - 10 foot sections of gutter
3 - 10 foot sections of down spout
3 - 45° elbows
2 - 2 packs of down spout brackets.

First person to guess the total within $5 wins a free lobster. Of course, you have to come to East Overshoe to get it, but hey, free is free! Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
874.69 DOLLARS

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
$1, Bob.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15286 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
$1, Bob.

Big Grin

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
I'll bet you're pushing over the $200 mark. The price of lumber is absolutely nutty right now.

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What do we win?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'd say ~$300.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
$498

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$512.94 Big Grin

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
$512.94 Big Grin

Colder...

posted Hide Post

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1364 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:

Getting there.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
$470.01

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of james_1234
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1362 | Location: Colorado | Registered: May 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
$150 4 - 1x6x10 pre-primed pine boards
$250 4 - 1x6x16 pre-primed pine boards.
$23 5 - 10 foot sections of gutter
$15 3 - 10 foot sections of down spout
$7 3 - 45° elbows
$5 2 - 2 packs of down spout brackets.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
$150 4 - 1x6x10 pre-primed pine boards
$250 4 - 1x6x16 pre-primed pine boards.
$23 5 - 10 foot sections of gutter
$15 3 - 10 foot sections of down spout
$7 3 - 45° elbows
$5 2 - 2 packs of down spout brackets.

Very close, still a little high. $425.94 with tax. I got a little wobbly when she handed me the receipt.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The guy I work with got a price for a lumber package to build a cabin last year, but ended up putting it on hold. He contacted the company for an updated quote, 362 days later. More than double what the quote was the first time. (so It's on hold again)

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Recently got a price to move 170 feet of five foot chain link fence twenty feet and add 40 feet to the sides. Two five foot gates added. Price was over 9k.

Obviously that it not going to happen.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post