SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS tracking.
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
USPS tracking. Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This upcoming week is going to be hell for me. I'm already carrying parts of two other routes for eight-hour carriers in addition to the entire route for the carrier who's on vacation. And today the only CCA with less seniority than me just got into an accident. Which means we're down to three CCAs and for whatever reason, there are five routes open on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I'm kind of angry right now.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
This upcoming week is going to be hell for me. I'm already carrying parts of two other routes for eight-hour carriers in addition to the entire route for the carrier who's on vacation. And today the only CCA with less seniority than me just got into an accident. Which means we're down to three CCAs and for whatever reason, there are five routes open on Wednesday.

Needless to say, I'm kind of angry right now.

That's pretty rough. When I transferred to the station I'm at now, we had 14 unassigned routes.
Think of the V-time, don't let them push you over the edge (or out the door). I've worked my last 28 NSDs.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Orguss, I have been wondering how you have been doing. I see you survived Christmas, LOL! I tried to discourage you from taking that job, but you did not listen. I wish I could tell ou your hard work will get you somewhere, but I will not lie to you.

Screw that damn scanner. If it fails, that is not your problem. My scanner was dying each day by 1:00p.m. or so, I would deliver everything anyway. After a week of that, management FINALLY ordered me a new battery for it. Too little, too late. Take your lunch, your breaks, and your time. Accuracy is more important than speed.

I completed thirty years on 1/30/17 and will be putting in for retirement soon. I have had a charmed thirty years; only been dog bit three times and only hit one pedestrian. Time to head out!

Best of luck to you.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Priority Mail w /tracking is a really great racket being used by USPS

Posts: 462 | Location: NW Indiana  | Registered: January 09, 2012Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colby Bruce:
Orguss, I have been wondering how you have been doing. I see you survived Christmas, LOL! I tried to discourage you from taking that job, but you did not listen. I wish I could tell ou your hard work will get you somewhere, but I will not lie to you.

Mentally, I was prepared for the crush before Christmas. But carriers started talking about how much easier it would be starting after the last holiday in January, yet, I don't see much of a reduction in the workload because of people abusing their eight-hour restrictions while working slowly, people going down from accidents or injuries, and the lack of new CCAs coming in. We had one CCA work five weeks, then quit two days before Christmas and one CCA who started after Christmas but quit after two weeks. Our next CCA won't come in for at least four weeks.

I can't wait to become a career carrier. No ODL for me. Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Orguss,

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Orguss, folks get gift cards for Christmas so the packages continue coming well into February. I bet I delivered over 100 American Girl dolls this period last year; about 75 so far this time.

Most of our CCA & RCA new hires quit after a month. This proves the USPS is hiring smarter people, LOL!

Becoming a regular will not affect your life much since you will be at the bottom of the seniority list. You will catch OT whether on the ODL or not. Pace yourself, you have YEARS left to go. Be safe, always secure your vehicle, do not do anything you should not do. Don't talk to inspectors, if you must remember this phrase: "I do not recall."

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice.

Our parcel loads have dropped off quite a bit. In fact, I did my entire assigned route in 4.5 hours of street time (571 addresses on the route) then did my swing and was out by 4:30.

Good news is we have people coming back from vacation and extended sick leave next week, so three routes will be back up and running. And hopefully, the CCA who had the accident will return on Sunday.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Our parcel loads have dropped off quite a bit.

Around here, all parcels are now USPS (moved over from UPS). With the PHX distribution centers for Amazon, they can easily meet the two day Prime delivery period within AZ, so why mess with UPS. I just wish out carriers would start getting those new trucks. They are loaded to the gills with Prime packages right now. Longer days for the carriers, too.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Same as OP experience, with hopefully the same resolution. Having one of a kind prototypes shipped priority 2 day insured to me. The shipper selected the shipping method. Were due yesterday. Still no updates since Wed that they left the originating facility. I'm trying to stay optimistic that they will arrive...

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
FedEx Smartpost.

Picked up and handled by FedEx all the way to the final destination postal facility which then facilitates delivery.

UPS Surepost

Picked up and handled by UPS possibly delivered by UPS due to union contracts or delivered by USPS.

USPS Priority Mail

Picked up by USPS, flown on FedEx aircraft, and delivered by USPS.

FedEx's fleet of aircraft is much larger than UPS's, very few passenger airlines have a larger fleet than FedEx. Before the mergers of commercial passenger airlines FedEx was the second largest fleet in the world.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
FedEx Smartpost.

Picked up and handled by FedEx all the way to the final destination postal facility which then facilitates delivery.

UPS Surepost

Picked up and handled by UPS possibly delivered by UPS due to union contracts or delivered by USPS.

USPS Priority Mail

FedEx's fleet of aircraft is much larger than UPS's, very few passenger airlines have a larger fleet than FedEx. Before the mergers of commercial passenger airlines FedEx was the second largest fleet in the world.

The "final destination" Post Office for the Southeastern US is Atlanta..

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
I'll join in on this chorus - my package left Valencia California @ 754 PM on the 17th - It was sent First Class Package Service showing a Tuesday the 21st as the expected delivery date.

#$%^&*It has yet to make it to my mailbox yet ?!

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

I'm in the southeast, well south and east of Atlanta. FedEx delivers Smartpost packages to my local post office.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:

I'm in the southeast, well south and east of Atlanta. FedEx delivers Smartpost packages to my local post office.

I'm in East TN. Amazon from Cincinnati goes to Cleveland, then through TN to Atlanta, and back to TN.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:

I'm in East TN. Amazon from Cincinnati goes to Cleveland, then through TN to Atlanta, and back to TN.

That isn't unusual, they seem to operate on a sort of hub and spoke system. Atlanta probably is the nearest major hub near you.

Brownells SmartPost packages often go straight to Chicago regardless if they are going east or west.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
What I find on USPS tracking is that information is dependent on how badly I need whatever is in transit.

If I don't need it... I can find out exactly where it is and when it will likely arrive.

If I DO need it, it doesn't get updated until after it arrives... Whenever that is.

Ya know, when I look back at a lot of my USPS shipments, this is remarkably true.

That, and there was no detail UNTIL it got delivered and then I had its GPS coordinates for the whole trip after.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Thankfully mine arrived today. Thank you USPS.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ox190:
FedEx Smartpost.

UPS Surepost

USPS Priority Mail

Sorry I should have been more clear, by final destination I meant the post office that will put it in a mail carriers hands to deliver it to you.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Report This Post
Chance favors only
the prepared mind.
Picture of Dad250
posted Hide Post
Talk about a completely different experience - I placed a order for a printed circuit board and components from a fellow HAM in Czech Republic this past Sunday night local East coast time - he shipped the next day via FedEx and it arrived Thursday before lunch time in NJ !

All this for just 24$ US Dollars total for parts and shipping !

Tracking was impeccable the entire way and even when through inspections during international transportation.

Way to Go FedEx !

SIG P229 9mm
Springfield Armory XD-9 9mm

AUT PAX, AUT BELLUM

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

posted Hide Post
quote:
Expected delivery day, yesterday Item is currently "In transit to destination".
What the fuck does that mean? Mad

tran·sit (trăn′sĭt, -zĭt)
n.
1. The act of passing over, across, or through; passage.
a. Conveyance of people or goods from one place to another, especially on a local public transportation system.
b. The system or vehicles used for such conveyance.

des·ti·na·tion (dĕs′tə-nā′shən)
n.
1. The place to which one is going or directed.
2. The ultimate purpose for which something is created or intended.

I hope this helps............