SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Beach drones!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beach drones! Login/Join 
posted
Sitting there, minding my own business, and I hear a loud zzzzzzz like a big assed bumble bee or something, look up and about 10 feet away is a freakin lil drone spying on me! Like big brother or something keeping an eye on me. Hung around for about 10 seconds or so and first words outta my mouth are "get the f..k out of here!"
Any regs about this or is this gonna be the norm from here on out! If I'da had my shotgun.......

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Wrist rocket...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Silent but deadly

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Probably looking for hot chicks in bikinis. At least that's what I would be doing. Cool

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I saw one prowling a beach looking for topless women (it was pretty obvious) in Sydney.

I entertained myself for about 45 minutes finding him, kind of like Carlin's "Find the Spy" bit. And yeah, he looked just about the way I suspected he would.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Just carry a Bolo with you and sling it into the rotors. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Winner
posted Hide Post
Not that it has any bearing where you are, but I recall seeing local stories on this issue:

Drones banned:
https://www.nps.gov/pais/learn/news/news-releases.htm

Police using drones for Spring Break:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new...rs-article-1.2560549

Posts: 132 | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Cameras on them are so good now the smart operators will be flying high enough you won't hear them or know they are there.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
Cameras on them are so good now the smart operators will be flying high enough you won't hear them or know they are there.

Not hear them? Maybe in a city, but out in the mountains, I can hear those things from a LONG way away. However, hearing them and spotting them are sometimes two different things. The cameras are good though, no doubt about it.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Probably looking for hot chicks in bikinis. At least that's what I would be doing. Cool

Back before drones we used to do aerials the old fashioned way with anything ranging from a Tyler mount to a camera op strapping in and door removed. There was one pilot I used who decided it was a good idea to fly over a local nudist camp one day on the return trip...named fat hippies...I still have nightmares

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
No cities around here but I know once they get above 100ft or so you can't hear them, at least the ones I've got experience with. Friend of mine has a pretty nice one and it even records HD quality video. Crazy stuff.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I have a lot of realtors using them now. The technology is scary good and I can tell you for sure there are going to be plenty of beach shots this summer where the person in the video has 0 idea they are being filmed. Between the drone and camera tech, it is amazing what they can do.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I have a lot of realtors using them now. The technology is scary good

I saw a video on a Realtor's web site a while back, in which they used a drone to do a "virtual walkthrough." Fascinating.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post