SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ex Wives
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ex Wives Login/Join 
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Yep,they never stop stabbing you.
I was able to break it off in her sorry ass last fall at my baby sons wedding when she started her shit.
I suspect she will never speak to me again,yes I showed my ass with twenty five years of frustration with that B!$!% I mean witch.

Can we hear that story, please?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear I'm in good company here Wink

The good of it is that when my child support ends, I'll be used to not having that grand a month already, and it can just go to savings/retirement. I'll be 47. Holy shit, that sounds old... (no offense, fellers)

Then at 52 I can retire with full benefits. Only reason I'll have to work is boredom.

I expect she will be working until she is 70, and then she will be poor and old, because she is horrible with money/debt. But not one red fucking copper cent of mine will she get. And I'll have all the time in the world to play with my grandbabies!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's the way to look at it. The best revenge is living well without her.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
^^^
That right there is what I try to do,my X can't stand it.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I suspect that if we all compared notes of the hateful, spiteful shit our ex's have done we will find they all use the same playbook.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep trying to remember what I miss about my ex? Hmmm. I'm working on it.

A quick chuckle, my girlfriend was over one night when I got one of those ex-wives calls. It was something that was stupid and clear she just called to annoy me. I have to take the call since I still have one minor child. I dealt with it, looked at my girlfriend and said "I don't think that we are getting back together?" We Both smiled, clinked our wine glasses and finished a very nice romantic dinner.

Vince

Posts: 307 | Registered: July 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vmtz:
I keep trying to remember what I miss about my ex? Hmmm. I'm working on it.

When your ex appears to have gained 50 pounds, all in the belly, it certainly dampens any misplaced longings Wink And she was a good 40 over already.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I have primary residence and about 60% custody. My son has been bugging for a while to stay home more than go to his mother's, after there last fight I finally relented and told him he can stay home during the week but he should go over there on her weekends. He is OK with that for right now.

I warned her many times over the years that if she doesn't change and stop her bullshit that she will only push him away and as much as I tried to keep the peace I realized after this last time that there is no chance that it will change.

Our daughter is about 3-1/2 years younger than our son and I've been warning her that it could potentially be even worse there. Even after my predictions came true with regards to our son she doesn't believe me. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10186 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I divorced my first ex-wife fifty years ago. I divorced my second ex-wife thirty-seven years ago. I haven't seen either of them in over thirty years. I am extremely thankful for my wife of thirty-five years. She is my best friend.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
My wife said that my ex and I shouldn't be allowed to talk to each other. She should do all the talking for me. I think my wife is pretty darn smart Wink

This is the only thing that saved my wife from killing her ex when we were dealing with child support and other issues. She stayed out of it and let me handle everything.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I hear a bunch of EX stories, just about all are very troubling. I've been close a bit, but avoiding the predicament so far. I plan to stay a little defensive.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
25 years and not a peep from her.......guess I was the lucky one.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My Ex is a good mother but don't get me started on the other things.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine got married at 18, right after graduation from high school. No, she wasn't pregnant, they both just wanted out of their houses, I guess. It was a train wreck, they fought and fought and when the one and only kid came, it put the fighting into overdrive. When their son was 5, they decided that it needed to be over. The divorce went fairly well, but a couple of times a year, something would set them off, and several times the police would be involved. When their son was 18, he moved in permanently with his dad, it was just closer to school, and his best friend lived across the street. For some reason, this seemed to be the key to them getting along, and over the next few years, they began hanging around and having dinner together. A couple of years ago, my friend had some off stomach pains, and hi ex basically nagged him into going to the doctor, who immediately called an ambulance. He had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that was about to pop. His ex had basically saved his life. At the hospital, they found another aneurysm, this one in his brain. He had 2 surgeries, days apart to fix them. He's fine now, and the ex and him went to Vegas and got remarried soon after he got out of the hospital. For some reason, they don't fight anymore. The kid says it's just odd to see them get along.

My ex GF's parents got married at the ages of 18 and 16 when she got pregnant with my GF. It was a disaster. They pulled the plug after their second daughter was born. Over the years, they both remarried and she had another girl, and he had a boy and a girl. Now, when they are both in their mid 60's, they go on vacations together with the mutual grandkids, and go out to dinner once a week as a foursome or with the grandkids.

I think the main point of this is not to get married so young.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
I was eighteen in the Navy and she was sixteen. We got married, she got pregnant, and I went to Viet Nam. I came home, she got pregnant, and I went to Viet Nam.

I reenlisted for six years while in Viet Nam and was given $10,000 lump sum tax-free. I sent the check to my wife to put in the bank. I came home and found out she and her mother had spent it all. I found out she was bar hopping and cheating on me with a fake ID provided by her mother.

I divorced her which shocked her and her mother. Her father knew his wife and daughter were bar hopping, picking up men, and sharing the same bed. He stayed with her mother. We had actually been together about four months of our three year marriage. I got custody of our two daughters.

I was a single father with two infant daughters and six more years in the Navy, so I married my new girlfriend. She and I blamed all of our problems on me being in the Navy and gone all of the time. I got out of the Navy after twelve years as a Chief Petty Officer, up for Senior Chief.

I was home every night and we discovered we just didn't like each other, so we got divorced. The only thing that had kept us together was the children, and I was in the Navy and gone all of the time.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The last time I talked to mine was when the kid turned 18 and called me to ask to come live with me.

I drove 3 hrs one way and got him out of school, he dropped his mom's truck off in the driveway of her house (had a deputy standby with us just in case) and drove to my home. (he left everything except the clothes he was wearing)

She called about two hours later and I told her that I have never seen him smile so big....she hasn't called him or me since then.

He doesn't call or talk to her or facebook her....this tells me so much about their relationship....

He also realizes all the money I sent for child support-he never got anything, he told me that they ate spaghetti for years-every night....grrrr

I wouldn't cross the street to piss on her if she was on fire because of how she treated that child.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
The amazing thing with my ex is that as soon as the alimony (Ohio) and then the child support was done, she wanted to be "friends" again. If it wasn't for the fact that our two sons love their mom, she'd be sleeping in her car again. She made out bigtime with the proceeds from the divorce, but her new circle of "friends" helped her out with it.
As a side note, I am very proud of our two sons; when she had to move in with the oldest, he and his younger brother stopped the new "friends" bullshit cold. Regardless of the feelings between her and I, the love their mother and look after her.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of callibird
posted Hide Post
Compared to how my ex was when we were married, she is a saint now.

Now my wife's ex is a narcissistic piece of rotten dog shit. If he and his stupid ass wife disappeared off the face of the earth, never to be seen again, it would be a glorious day. Lying sacks of monkey shit those two...they make a great couple.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Posts: 935 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: August 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you with stable, loving, supportive long term marriages, you have my respect.
That said, modern marriage can be a mans worst nightmare. Divorce. Jailed with a single phone call on a bogus domestic violence claim.. Anti-male courts. Loss of income and property. Forced to pay years of child support with no say how it is spent. To say nothing of the emotional damage and long term damage to the kids involved.
An ex-wife can be your most intimate enemy. And the most ruthless too.
I am on fairly good terms with my ex-wives. But I will never co-habitate or marry again.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
My ex remarried, divorced and remarried again. I heard that after an evening of booze and cocaine, she took some pain pills and went to bed. Never woke up. I didn't shed a tear. Her death certificate wrote it up as an accidental overdose of the three.

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post