SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ex Wives
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ex Wives Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Another problem between couples I ran into is.....her Mother.

Example: nice healthy gal with a good paying job in her mid 30's (at the time) who I really got along with. We did the usual "couples thing" together. No arguments, no squabbling over my motorcycle as she liked to ride.

And the sex was GREAT.

Problem was....she lived next door to her man hating Mother.

Over a period of just a few years, her Mother had destroyed this girls first marriage along with her brothers marriage.

I'm sad to say, the relationship lasted only a couple of years.

My first marriage too. Her mother ruined mine, then her other daughter's. Evil, broken bitch.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 616 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Annnnd today...Holy mother of god Mad Mad Mad

Once my kids are grown, I swear I will never talk to this woman again for as long as I live. I don't know if she is stupid beyond belief, or a complete genius.

Details withheld. But between my schedule and her worthlessness, I will only have the kids at my house once between now and Thanksgiving. I'll be going up there weekly to pick them up from school and spend time, but at 3 hours round trip driving a pop. And I'm having to reschedule dentist appointments for them. That she's known about for months. Unfucking believable.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
chongosuerte

Please email me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Annnnd today...Holy mother of god Mad Mad Mad

Once my kids are grown, I swear I will never talk to this woman again for as long as I live. I don't know if she is stupid beyond belief, or a complete genius.

Details withheld. But between my schedule and her worthlessness, I will only have the kids at my house once between now and Thanksgiving. I'll be going up there weekly to pick them up from school and spend time, but at 3 hours round trip driving a pop. And I'm having to reschedule dentist appointments for them. That she's known about for months. Unfucking believable.

You can't change the spots on a leapord. Just be glad you're NOT still married to her......and eventually the kids will be 18 and you'll never have to deal with her ever again!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gruntjim:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Another problem between couples I ran into is.....her Mother.

Example: nice healthy gal with a good paying job in her mid 30's (at the time) who I really got along with. We did the usual "couples thing" together. No arguments, no squabbling over my motorcycle as she liked to ride.

And the sex was GREAT.

Problem was....she lived next door to her man hating Mother.

Over a period of just a few years, her Mother had destroyed this girls first marriage along with her brothers marriage.

I'm sad to say, the relationship lasted only a couple of years.

My first marriage too. Her mother ruined mine, then her other daughter's. Evil, broken bitch.

The mother-in-law may have been part of it, but the daughters allowed it to happen. You can't lay that entirely on the MIL.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Just when you think things are going well...honestly left our joint parent teacher conference for our 4th grader yesterday (3hr+ round trip for me) proud of how well we'd been getting along.

Tonight...this is the third month she has asked for the next month's CS early, because she simply cannot budget. I want the best for the kids, and i CAN budget, so I humor her.

And then she immediately has the gall to jerk me around...causing a major scheduling impact...which reminds me that we only get along when she isn't doing selfish shit to piss me off...

Grrrr...I'm highly pissed. With no recourse that doesn't negatively affect the kids.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bump.

Just when you think things are going well...honestly left our joint parent teacher conference for our 4th grader yesterday (3hr+ round trip for me) proud of how well we'd been getting along.

Tonight...this is the third month she has asked for the next month's CS early, because she simply cannot budget. I want the best for the kids, and i CAN budget, so I humor her.

And then she immediately has the gall to jerk me around...causing a major scheduling impact...which reminds me that we only get along when she isn't doing selfish shit to piss me off...

Grrrr...I'm highly pissed. With no recourse that doesn't negatively affect the kids.

Absolutely not. Pay the child support on time and tell her to be an adult and to budget her money properly and perhaps if she made concessions to make the rest of it fair, you'd think about it.

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

With no recourse that doesn't negatively affect the kids.

And, that's the lever! And, she obviously knows it will work unless you put her on notice that this is the last time you accommodate and from now on she can expect it on time and it's time to pull up her big girl panties and manage the money correctly. I know, easier said than done. Good luck Chongo.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The CS always gets paid on time.

If she has problems meeting the kids needs, maybe that’s a conversation to have with the lawyers present. Especially if her hair and nails are done up nice, and her car is new and clean...

Or continue getting sodomized by your ex-wife for years to come.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

If she has problems meeting the kids needs, maybe that’s a conversation to have with the lawyers present. Especially if her hair and nails are done up nice, and her car is new and clean...

If it were only that simple. The kids' needs are being met, she just whines about being broke. She has a FT job and lives with her bf that has a good paying FT job. Still can't budget. Glad she is HIS problem now.

The thing that makes everything difficult is that she lives 60 miles away from me, a 1.5 hour drive. When we initially separated and she moved, it was 250 miles, 4 hours. I left my job in Jan '15 and moved to be close and it became 40 miles, < 1 hour. Then she moved to the present situation.

Add in my job's crazy schedule. I frequently work weekends, so some months the only way I get to see the kids is if I drive up to their school and pick them up during the week. I volunteer with my 4th grader''s class, to make the drive more worth it. I do have them whenever they are out of school otherwise, except I've got to figure out how to deal with my daughter's Saturday morning basketball games, 1.5 hours away. Especially with the way their mom groans about having to meet...she'll straight refuse to meet 3x in a weekend. So I'll be stuck driving double.

There is no solution.

-JALLEN

Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If it were only that simple. The kids' needs are being met, she just whines about being broke. She has a FT job and lives with her bf that has a good paying FT job. Still can't budget. Glad she is HIS problem now.

The thing that makes everything difficult is that she lives 60 miles away from me, a 1.5 hour drive. When we initially separated and she moved, it was 250 miles, 4 hours. I left my job in Jan '15 and moved to be close and it became 40 miles, < 1 hour. Then she moved to the present situation.

Add in my job's crazy schedule. I frequently work weekends, so some months the only way I get to see the kids is if I drive up to their school and pick them up during the week. I volunteer with my 4th grader''s class, to make the drive more worth it. I do have them whenever they are out of school otherwise, except I've got to figure out how to deal with my daughter's Saturday morning basketball games, 1.5 hours away. Especially with the way their mom groans about having to meet...she'll straight refuse to meet 3x in a weekend. So I'll be stuck driving double.

There is no solution.

You are obviously a good Dad Chongo. Keep up the good work and count the days until you can be rid of her once and for all.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wow man, that sucks. But I wouldn't pay C/S early again, ever. And you sound like a great father. Keep that up.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chongo, keep your head up, never say anything bad about their mother in front of them, even if they do... They will figure it out in the end...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Jimmy and Sailor hit the nail on the head with their Statements.
And I have been here done this ! She is using the kids to manipulate/control and meddle in your life as long as she can.
Walk softly and learn from other peoples, Trials and tribulations

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is no solution.

If they both have FT jobs and the boyfriends is high paying. She's simply asking YOU for the child support money early to try to put YOU in a bad position. I'm sure they can scrounge money from somewhere or have money or credit. Don't budge, give it to her on the first, DO NOT ever show that she is getting to you emotionally. She's just pulling all this BS to put you over a barrel, otherwise she'd help with the scheduling and driving a bit.