SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ex Wives
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ex Wives Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Mad If your ex-husband saved you 1 hour and 50 minutes of driving on this past Sunday, and then offers to make the full drive today to pick up the kids, since he was already on the road, saving you over 1.5 hours of driving after work, only asking you to waive his $40 half of childcare for the week in return for saving you over 250 miles for the week and over 3 hours of driving, and you balk, so he says OK, just meet as planned...

And then you decide to change your mind after the time-window for his departure to make the above drive has closed...

Don't tell him you "aren't happy" when he says it's too late to make the drive, so we'll have to meet according to the original plan and he'll have your $40...

My wife said that my ex and I shouldn't be allowed to talk to each other. She should do all the talking for me. I think my wife is pretty darn smart Wink

But really...talking about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 250 miles and almost 4 hours of driving. Over $40.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"There's a reason she's your ex."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Yep,they never stop stabbing you.
I was able to break it off in her sorry ass last fall at my baby sons wedding when she started her shit.
I suspect she will never speak to me again,yes I showed my ass with twenty five years of frustration with that B!$!% I mean witch.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
...they never stop stabbing you.

My ex is code-named Margaret Hamilton

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
She showed you!

$.54 x 250mi = $135.00 gas/depreciation/maintenance.

Or about $19.00 worth of gas alone, assuming 30mpg

I'm guessing she was not an economics major?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
She showed you!

$.54 x 250mi = $135.00 gas/depreciation/maintenance.

Or about $19.00 worth of gas alone, assuming 30mpg

I'm guessing she was not an economics major?

Economics is rarely factored into spitefulness.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Brother, the only thing worse than an ex-spouse is one that fucked off without trying to divorce you.

Limbo.

It's where I am, but if I'm honest, my vows are what left me here. If I betray those vows, what is left?

I choose this fate! but some times I hate being a who I am.

Sorry to hate in your thread.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Brother, the only thing worse than an ex-spouse is one that fucked off without trying to divorce you.

Limbo.

It's where I am, but if I'm honest, my vows are what left me here. If I betray those vows, what is left?

No problem at all. The title is "Ex-Wives", not "My ex-wife" Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:

Limbo.

A man among men, that's Chongosuerte....

I hope things work out for you....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Limbo.

A man among men, that's Chongosuerte....

I hope things work out for you....

Hope things work out for both of you.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I see a broom, I also expect to see my exwife nearby.

The only woman I know who could turn from loving to vicious in 10 seconds.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could fill this thread about mine.

I just as soon not dig up all that trash that had me tight as a drum for years and years.

Your ex had to be spiteful to not accept your kind offer.

I hear of people who are getting papers drawn up for a divorce say, we are going to do this and remain friends...
I am sure that some do, just not many.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
One of my friends used to say that his ex was a test pilot in a broom factory.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just stick to the plan.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Just stick to the plan.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Ain't that the truth. I'm overly generous. Always been my problem. My wife says I'm always looking for a damsel in distress (Ironically, my wife is the strongest/most independent woman I've known, and most certainly doesn't need saving Big Grin) During the school year I usually do 70% or more of the driving, plus extra days when I pick the kids up from school. Easily 1,000 miles a month, to her 0-200. During the summer it's probably 60/40. I never ask for anything in return, because I don't feel like arguing with her.

And I still pay the amount we negotiated and had put in writing when we first split, when I was seeing the kids 48 hours every 2 weeks with a 250 mile round trip to pick up/drop off. Now it's 3 or 4+ days a week most weeks in the summer. During the school year, every day I'm off and they are off, plus some when I'm working and the wife is off, and weekends plus picking them up from school an hour away for the evening some days they are in school.

And I still pay the same. Plus I provide health/dental and cover 100% of those bills. And, after I moved 200 miles closer, she goes and moves 30 miles further. Haven't tried to get any of it adjusted. I don't think the result would be worth how pissed off she'd have me.

But, as Skins2881 noticed, she wasn't an economics major. She manages to still stay broke despite the arrangement. And she lives with her boyfriend who has a good job...and she nets more than I do after child support, her job(s), and her annual earned income credit. That's fucking amazing. But I bet she doesn't get the EIC next year, after >6 months of living with her boyfriend. She will be in for a bit of a surprise.

Sorry...needed to vent for a minute. I was boiling earlier. I don't talk to the Succubus very much, for obvious reasons. I keep it very curt and matter of fact. We've been split/divorced for almost 5 years now. Only talk when necessary for the kids. 13 more years...(as luck would have it, both my kids will be 18 before they graduate high school).

-JALLEN

Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
My ex wife,who divorced in 1985,yes 198fucking five,has told our 40 year old children that she hates me more now than in 1985.Over thirty years ago.I paid 186,000 in child support,even though all 3 kids came to live with me as soon as oregon law let them.

Point is,sometimes they wont let go,until your 6 feet under.I let go 35 years ago.Pray and try not to let it eat you from the inside.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

But, as Skins2881 noticed, she wasn't an economics major. She manages to still stay broke despite the arrangement. And she lives with her boyfriend who has a good job...and she nets more than I do after child support, her job(s), and her annual earned income credit. That's fucking amazing. But I bet she doesn't get the EIC next year, after >6 months of living with her boyfriend. She will be in for a bit of a surprise.

I wouldn't bet on it. In fact I'd that they both claim Head of Household and he is just a roommate renting a room. That way they can both maximize their tax evasion return on their taxes and she'll still get the EIC.

I was VERY fortunate with my Ex-wife when we divorced. We did TRULY keep it ammicable. We are both pretty fair people. As an example, just before we divorced we had pulled up the carpet to put down tile. She insisted on me taking the Rainbow vacuum cleaner($$$$) and she keep the shop-vac($). Her reasoning was that I would probably get an apartment with carpet and the shop vac would work better on the bare concrete than the Rainbow.

During the divorce hearing we were told that if we wanted to pay right then we could have the signed and stamped dicroce decree immediately instead of waiting a couple of weeks for it to be filed etc. We both agreed to do that. When the clerk came back and said the credit card machine was down and that she could take cash instead, my Ex said she would have to wait because she didn't bring any cash with her. I had my wallet out already to pay for my documens so I handed my wife a $20 so she didn't have to wait. The judge "Are you two sure you want to divorce? I have rarely ssen two parties that are divorcing so nice to each other." Like I said I got lucky. I have heard the horror stories both here on the forum and from friends.

Best of luck to you Chongo. Hopefully, your ex will start to mellow a little bit.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My ex and I have not spoken in 10 years, the day the judge signed the papers finalizing it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
The ex and I have been divorced since 2001, and we get along better now than we ever have. Of course, we only speak about once a year too. Maybes that has something to do with it.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Going on 6 years here. She still will not speak to me. I think she is still mad that got custody.
Now she busies herself with driving a wedge between her & and our three children with her spiteful, controlling ways...

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post