SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun shows just keep getting worse
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun shows just keep getting worse Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
and marshmallow guns

Blue or nickel?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
The shows in NH are really bad. If it wasn't for a friend who gives up vendor passes, paying $9.00 to walk through the door and $6.00 for parking makes it far from worth it. the reloading supplies are priced no better than the local shop I use. Nothing of any interest in older firearms and new is priced no better than the stores in the area every day.

Dang, that sounds like quite the bargain compared to the National Gun Day shows at Louisville's Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center where parking is $8.00 and entrance to the Gun Show is $12.00. So I'm out $20 bucks before I even walk into the vendor's area to see a gun!!

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're fortunate to have a few great vendors who frequent local gun shows.

One sells primers and powders cheaper than I can get anywhere else. Another sells new guns and magazines at rock bottom prices. Yet another produces quality Kydex holsters at a reasonable price. All three are honest, good folks with great customer support.

Of course I've experienced the crap described above at the same shows, but these vendors make it worth the trip if I'm looking for something specific.

Admission is about $8 and parking is free.

Posts: 586 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
Old thread to revive, but feels relevant. Out of boredom, I wandered to a gun show in St Charles MO yesterday, and first off, it was packed. Prices continue to be insanely high on firearms. Saw a lot of rifles, but the pistol selection was a bit thin, and those I saw were full retail, plus. Ammo was there, but prices at the normal ( for now) 2.5 times retail. The most egregious thing I saw was a guy selling a box of 1000 SP primers for $195. He was firm.
I can not wait for normal, and I truly hope the wheel of karma rolls back on these insects.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post