SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Gun shows just keep getting worse
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun shows just keep getting worse Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Haven’t been to one in a while, used to go to buy reloading supplies to save by not paying the hazmat fees, and to trade my excess brass for reloading supplies.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I go to gun shows with the expectation of finding some interesting jerky. Seldom disappointed. Anything else is a bonus.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gun shows just keep getting worse

And you're already planning for the next one.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Nostalgia aside, the old gun shows were pretty good with lots of knowledgeable collectors and vendors. Today, I won't bother wasting my time.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Last gun show I went to here in Texas was about 8 yrs ago. Almost pulled the trigger on a new set of windows for the house the vendor was selling.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Last gun show I went to here in Texas was about 8 yrs ago. Almost pulled the trigger on a new set of windows for the house the vendor was selling.

You mean you didn't pick up the cashews ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have never bought a gun at a gun show, all the vendors are way overpriced at least what I've seen, have bought some ammo, gun bags, cleaning supplies, beef jerky other than that it's a good way to spend $10 on a Sat or Sun morning and excuse to ride that day.

The shows here have plenty of vendors that are firearm related, takes up two buildings, not many non firearm vendors.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GTX DRIVER:
I always enjoy going to the gun shows in Melbourne and Ft Pierce, FL. Mostly just to spend a couple of hours just to look around. Also a good place to pick up a couple cases of 9mm at a good price.

Same, same. I went to the Port St Lucie show yesterday. Seems like the shows around here drop 10% of their vendors and 20% of the crowd every show that goes by.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
I go to gun shows with the expectation of finding some interesting jerky. Seldom disappointed. Anything else is a bonus.

this made me snicker......

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to the Harrisburg, PA gun show at the Farm Show Complex this weekend. It's worth it for the "people" watching and this one particular outfit that makes the best pepperoni sticks ever.

And let's face it, you just never know, you might find something you were looking for. Probably not, but maybe! That's how I found my Stainless Beretta Brigadier some years back.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Despite just crabbing about gunshot prices myself somewhere else, I will plat devils advocate and respond as I often do... Wink

Anyone can get a table at a gun show. Please feel free to buck the trend and sell your guns and belongings at discount prices.

You go to a gun show to look at guns. Heck, do you go to a car show expecting to find a cheap car? Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at the Harrisburg show today I found the S&W 27 3 1/2 inch barreled revolver I've been wanting for no good reason. With the box for a mere $1625! Got my pepperoni sticks and left.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
The shows in NH are really bad. If it wasn't for a friend who gives up vendor passes, paying $9.00 to walk through the door and $6.00 for parking makes it far from worth it. the reloading supplies are priced no better than the local shop I use. Nothing of any interest in older firearms and new is priced no better than the stores in the area every day.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
You go to a gun show to look at guns.

Same reason I go to gun stores - to look at guns.

Shows and stores, I buy at neither (other than transferring through one).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been to one in years. Will have to show up at one fairly soon just to say hi to a few select friends on the circuit.

I did enjoy them. Found a few pieces here and there, some missed opportunities for not buying on sight, and usually could spend about an hour on each show just until I turned neurotic.

Not kidding, "warehousing" has that effect on me.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last gun show I attended in Tucson had some Kittens from the ASPCA. Teen girls manning the booth.

I asked one of the girls if they had a cat that was a good "Mouser". I mean that's what cats do, right.

She reacted like I had asked her for a BJ in the main isle.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I went to one today, the first time in years. We took my mother in law who is visiting from Russia. We all had a great time. The gun prices I saw weren't too bad. I think online buying is definitely having an influence. At least on the new stuff.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know, right? I saw Ruger ARs for under $600.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Going to Oaks next Friday. I'll see what I walk into.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made the mistake this morning of driving 45 minutes in the snow to one. Even more beef jerky, cashews, jewelry and marshmallow guns than usual. Pretty lame .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post