SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No waiting at barber shop, step right up
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No waiting at barber shop, step right up Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My barber shop keeps a refrigerator well stocked with my favorite micro brews. I always seem to show up when they are busy and backed up. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I don't have much hair these days. I tried cutting it myself... I didn't do a good job. I asked Mrs to doctor it up... five seconds later she said, "Oops!" We were due to meet friends for dinner just a couple of hours later.

I called my friend in the next town over, and rushed to her house. She cut my hair hella short to overcome the "oops," and -- for the most part -- has been my "barber" since.

Once in a while, I visit my brother and drop in on his wife's friend for a haircut. She does a heck of a nice job. I even get the "head wash" afterward, so no "itchy hairs down the back of the shirt." Gotta love that! Yeah, it costs a few bucks, but I figure it's a nice periodic treat for my noggin. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
...rocking a Picard horseshoe...

Always delivering!

+1. Solid performance, as always.

He just wants to sit in the Captains chair?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
ya'll got it wrong. I got this nice woman who does mine, my dads, and my son's and has for the last 7 years. She is awesome. Always wait on her. It's like a 5 minute wait also, but she gets most of the guys business.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I used to go to a first come first serve family owned barber but I just couldn't deal with the wait...Especially trying to get a haircut on a lunch break, etc.

I still go to a family owned barber (been going there for about 18 years or so) but I can set up an appointment and be in and out within a half hour.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few months ago I decided to go find a real, old school barber shop and it was glorious!

Found a small shop in a strip mall...cash only with tons of military aviation pics all over the walls (near Luke AFB) but the best part was that the owner/barber, who was a vet, had First Blood playing on a old RCA TV with a VCR sitting on top...Nothing like getting a good haircut watching Rambo and Troutman at it!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the "price is right" show case model that used to "style" my hair in L.A.
but at this point
Ole rollie pollie "Tank" at the tiny town shop is working out fine, just fine,
and! for $25.00 less , and almost never any waiting

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
I got damn sick and tired of scheduling a haircut a year or so ago and sought out a barber.

I haven't looked back. For a buck tip he agreed to rub his chest on me. It wasn't the same.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
My wife is a stylist at a big salon. I still have to wait several days and 1/4 of the time I get handed off to someone else.

I call it "The Coven"...a drop of this, two drops of that, mix together and poof her hair changes color. That's pure witchcraft.

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my shop yesterday, I had four customers who hung around after their haircuts,to shoot the breeze, and laugh. One sat in my lazyboy recliner in the shop, and examined my new .270 Winchester rifle. I have the best job in the world! Just another day in the shop for me.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
back in the seventies there was a W.W. 2 vet. that had a barber shop , in the quad Cities, it had a pool table in the back room.

for the last 9 years he offered to let you play him for a hair cut, if you won you got the haircut free, he only lost about twice a month.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My "small town" barber raised his price effective 1-MAR from $16 to $18. Kinda bummed about that, but it beats the CRAP outta the shop close to my house that charges $30 friggin' bucks. And doesn't even give you a hot lather shave on the nape, ears, and sideburns. Went there twice...my first and last time, as mom says...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My dad cut my hair until I married... took forever because he did it in front of the TV. Bonanza, Ed Sullivan etc.

Then I went to an old school shop for decades. Single chair great guy, a Vietnam Vet. Man he had some stories! I remember once he commented about how they lived day to day never knowing when their number would be up... said he wasn't proud of it but he admitted they fucked "anything and everything that moved, human or beast" I miss that guy and his shop.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hometown barber was a VN vet who was a dog handler and had to hump his and the dog's water. Went to real barber school after his service. Great personality and a great cut. years later he fit me in on a busy day to cut my hair for my dad's funeral. Hell of a guy. Miss that kind of service.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Local old-time barber shop near my home. Twelve bucks for us seniors on weekdays.

Owner is a fishing guy, a lot of taxidermied (is that a word?) fish on the wall.

The occasional "American Rifleman" has been spotted in the magazine rack.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post