SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Fireworks no longer just July 4th but every night and day a week prior!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fireworks no longer just July 4th but every night and day a week prior! Login/Join 
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted
Really people? Can you not just go to a show at the local school or park? No, you have to shoot them off every night in our subdivision from dark til midnight. Some of them are so loud that it shakes the house. The dogs go nuts I get a headache and it's just so much fun! Now you are even doing some crackers doing the day too.

When did they start making them sound like world war 3? Is that really necessary?

Rant off.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
Really people? Can you not just go to a show at the local school or park? No, you have to shoot them off every night in our subdivision from dark til midnight. Some of them are so loud that it shakes the house. The dogs go nuts I get a headache and it's just so much fun! Now you are even doing some crackers doing the day too.

When did they start making them sound like world war 3? Is that really necessary?

Rant off.
I just turn my hearing aids off.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
The week prior.......and the week after.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
At least you don't have losers setting them off for football games.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Yup and in my city there is a city ordinance prohibiting fireworks. The police put up signs on every intersection; I live in a relatively small town. Then when it comes this time, people shoot off fireworks every night until midnight and the police or fire department do nothing. Why have the ordinance or put up signs if you are going to do nothing? I have a dead end street near me where people set up,and shoot them off for hours with no response despite me making a call.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
The week prior.......and the week after.

Month prior.... and the month after.

Should have said months. Funny too since they're not legal here.

Personally, I hate em, always have.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just be glad it's not 1776.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
When I was a little kid, I used to like fireworks and have fun with them. Now that I'm an "old kid," I no longer like them except at special controlled events. I honestly don't know what to say about how they should be regulated.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Every vacant lot in the county has a fireworks tent set up.

They like some fireworks here. I'm getting used to it.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Just call the police and tell them you heard gunfire. They should come then.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
...from dark til midnight.

Only until midnight? Consider yourself lucky.

About ten years ago, I was living in a reasonably nice neighborhood. Only problem was that my property backed up to a not so nice neighborhood with several apartment complexes. The trash truly came out a couple of days before and after the 4th and it went on until 3-4 o'clock in the morning or whenever the whiskey ran out. Some of it sounded like artillery, rattling the windows.

There's a reason I now live out in the boonies.

The funny thing that I've noticed is, it seems that it's always only the "poor" people who spend thousands of dollars on fireworks and shoot them off until all hours of the night. Your tax dollars at work once again.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised I haven't heard any yet this year. Oh, wait I just heard the first ones as I was typing that.

Never had a dog that liked them.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Got some going outside right now.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My neighborhood is starting to make me wonder if a fireworks stand started taking EBT.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
It actually makes me kinda dislike the 4th, which used to be my favorite holiday...

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Yep; The asswipes [new orleans transplants]that stayed up the road got some big ones and shot the damn things for the last two nights.
Damn apartments are a crak and whore heaven.
Post lookouts on highway for any cops that enter.
Last night they added gunfire Mad

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be no more than the day before to the day after here but it's a couple weeks. Those damn mortars will shake the walls.

Much more fun as a kid now I can't stand to hear them.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

It is a big problem in Phoenix, especially from our visitors from South of the border. Not just the 4th, but also New Years Eve. Several years ago Phoenix-area PD's acquired "ShotSpotters", which can pinpoint the location of the "bang", and they respond with patrol cars.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Check out Salt Lake Valley:

That's a lot of money going up in smoke!

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Last night, July 3, a neighbor who lives about a quarter mile away, shot fireworks off for at least an hour and a half. Much of this was big aerials. Since we have no restrictions in rural areas, we just watch. I’ll bet he spend at least $1,000 on the display.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post