SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hacked Website
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hacked Website Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
It appears that the FitnessPal (or other UnderArmour) website has been hacked.

I have received multiple emails demanding bitcoin payments, because the sender has videos of me "mastrubating" (note the spelling), and as "proof," they show a password that I use.

The only website where I use that password is the FitnessPal website.

If you have a login password for any of the UnderArmour websites, you might want to change the password, lest you be caught on camera mastrubating.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They were hacked in March 2018 . Did you change your password after that or is this a new hacking?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only reasonable thing to do is post the videos yourself and take away their power...

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The only reasonable thing to do is post the videos yourself and take away their power...

Not the mental image I needed right before lunch.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Not the mental image I needed right before lunch.

Preemptive strike, I like that. LMAO.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I would contact the site in question and let them know it appears they may have been compromised.

But before you do that, are you certain it's not your computer or device that's been compromised? Or is it possible your password is easily-guessable?

FWIW: I've received a number of such demands. They claimed to have obtained the video from the camera on my computer.

My computer has no camera.

I don't recall any passwords being noted in the emails I've received.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

The ones I've gotten have the stolen password in the subject line! Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

They were hacked in March 2018 . Did you change your password after that or is this a new hacking?
I did not know that. I rarely log on to that website. No harm really, as I do use a different password for every website, and there is no information that is really useful to anyone else on the FitnessPal site, unless somebody wants to know what I had for breakfast.

I do like the idea of a preemptive strike, though.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I received an email like that last week. The email said they found the videos of me pleasuring myself on my Facebook account. Pretty weird as I have no Facebook account.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Ask them to send you a copy so you can show your friends. Big Grin

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell them that your webcam is low quality, but you now have a better one, and offer to send them a newer, better video!

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Apparently my password was gleaned from Linkedin.

Yeah, they are going to ruin my reputation by sending those purported videos to all in my contact lists.

Like that's going to shock anybody........!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I've had a few of those emails recently, including one to my .gov email account.

My counter-offer is always the same: Instead of Bitcoin (of which I have none) would they accept $1.33 in unused Amazon gift card credit and four photographs of sweaty balls? I'm willing to negotiate if they don't want the Amazon credit, but am absolutely inflexible on them accepting pictures of sweaty balls. They never respond, for some reason.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

are you certain it's not your computer or device that's been compromised? Or is it possible your password is easily-guessable?

Well, of course I can't be certain that it's not my computer that has been compromised, but I keep all passwords in a password manager (1Password) with a complex and meaningless master password.

I use a different password for each site or app, no password is used for more than one thing, no password is a "word," they are all complex and meaningless character strings.

I have received multiple spam-mails demanding bitcoin as blackmail payment to stop the spammer from publishing videos of me "mastrubating" [sic], and showing a password as "proof" that they were able to hack into my computer; the password that they show is always the one for myFitnessPall, they never show any other password.

I think that this is a pretty solid indication that the intrusion was on the "myFitnessPal" website rather than on my computer. Actually, if I were a Bad Guy, I would go after a website rather than an individual's computer. Bigger payoff, many more potential victims that way.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Yeah it is from AARP but provides information on sex scams that are run on the elderly. Desribes exactly what Vtail is speaking about and has listing of resources.

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post