SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Vendors Who Only Sell To Midgets
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vendors Who Only Sell To Midgets Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
and most of these probably want a setup fee etc.

Yep. Custom screen printing or embroidery only really make financial sense when doing multiple shirts with the same image.

Otherwise, unless it's just plain text or a simple stock image (like a square, or a star, or a check mark), the setup/design fees will kill you for a one-off shirt.

It's not just $15 for a t-shirt and $15 for the printing... There will also typically be a $50-$100 digitization/setup fee, since they have to either take the image and turn it into digital programming for the machine to use, or to create the multi-layered ink screen.

So for 1 shirt, you'd be looking at like $80-$130.

Whereas if you're making 200 shirts with that same image, they'd only be like $30.25 to $30.50 each.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eek

But if it's a nice shirt .......
Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK -- Of course you are correct.
The folks who are making suggestions are getting way off the topic of my original rant, which is about the unsolicited email advertising that I receive for shirts, from vendors who only offer sizes for "average" people. I was not looking for advice for alternatives, I am well aware of other sources, I was whining about seeing a shirt that I liked in an email that I received (Magpul is an example) and not being able to get that particular shirt in my size.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
My buddy is the size of a NFL lineman. He always asks for "adult" sizes Big Grin
+10

I’ve done this now for years. I’m likely to ask why the largest sizes are on the floor while small is top shelf.

Tall sizes? That’s not a retail thing for sure, and only available at inflated pricing on line.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Finding athletic or slim fit shirts and sizing up generally works for me.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too short in body length and sleeve length.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Amen brother.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bit of a drift but maybe to help understand how the situation the OP is unhappy with comes about.

In the apparel industry, there are 2 solid truisms: 1 - Sales wants to offer 137 colors across 24 sizes and 2 - manufacturing only wants to make White in size L. Finding the balance is a never ending, thankless task with a goal never to be achieved.

The suggestion above to have them custom printed is a good one except in the case of copyrighted artwork which may or may not be an issue. I’ve had a few shirts done for various reasons. None of the vendors I’ve used offer tall though you may be able to find one that’s reasonably priced -maybe

Posts: 766 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

buy 2, cut the top of the second and sew it to the bottom of the other?

Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

cut the top of the second and sew it to the bottom of the other?
Wait, this thread started about T-shirts.

How did we get to Daylight Savings Time?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים