SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thieves. I hate them.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thieves. I hate them. Login/Join 
posted
I don't own much. But I work damn hard for what little I have. So, the $100 to replace the two propane tanks that you stole last night is going to hurt. I know you don't care, you think that you are owed everything just because you exist. Maybe you think that it's okay to just take what you want because I had it, and you didn't. Maybe you're too lazy to work at one of the many local businesses who are looking to add to their talent pool. Maybe you're fueling an addiction.

Doesnt matter. I earned it, and you didn't. You don't care that I live in a camper, and need that propane to cook and have hot water to shower. Hell, I'd have given you one, if you had only asked. But you are chickenshit. I sincerely hope that murder hornets establish a new nest in your ass and eat you alive from the inside. You should do the honorable thing, and eat a shotgun. I'd recommend going for a Darwin award, but I'm sure you have already spawned some fuck trophies with one or more meth whores, and are teaching them your shitbag ways. Go die in a fire, you shit stain on humanity.

Thanks for listening, SF.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Damn, I’m sorry this happened to you.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll just count myself lucky that all I lost was two full tanks. They left the two empty ones, and the ones mounted on the camper. My own fault, I guess, for not replacing the lock that went bad sooner. I did have them chained up before this. And now I can't get the water heater to fire. At least I can light the cook stove.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda surprised there's not more baiting and beating porch pirates. Maybe there is and we don't hear about it.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have read that caning is a very effective crime deterrent in Singapore.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
That stinks!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick funny story. A few years back during an ice-storm some thieves (or thief) tried stealing my brothers generator. Fortunately it was chained down so apparently the scumbags grabbed an axe out of his shed and tried smashing the lock. My brother had no idea this had occurred and while refueling the following morning, noticed the damage to the chain. He also found blood and eventually discovered the tip/end of a sneaker. Sometimes these things end well. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply has the best pricing I've found anywhere for propane tanks, and they carry the Manchester Tank brand, which I prefer for the superior handle design.

20# Manchester Tank - $34.99 --> https://www.tractorsupply.com/...d-valve?cm_vc=-10005

Hopefully you don't need 30# Tanks....They're a quite bit more at $79.99 --> https://www.tractorsupply.com/...d-valve?cm_vc=-10005

I'm certainly no expert in current trailer equipment specs, but if your relying on propane for cooking, heat and hot water, I imagine you're likely to be using tanks larger that 20#. If that's the case, that's probably gonna hurt a bit more that a $100 you estimated, unless you can source some used tanks.

Regardless, sorry to hear you need to deal w/ this situation. I know the feeling of violation that comes with being the victim of thievery!

I sounds like you 'may' have an idea of the thief/miscreant involved here, but regardless I'd definitely file a report with the local PD. They may also know some likely suspects. I'd also recommend some way of securing your replacement tans to prevent a similar occurrence in the future.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tanks are replaced, got a good deal on a couple of used ones. Local Vermeer dealership refills them fairly cheaply.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Seems like around here, property theft is allowed. No arrests, no prosecution. And yet, property owners have their hands tied and are left unable to protect their property. What a swell place democrats have made for us to live in. I hear police don't even come out for car break-ins.

There are real financial and psychological costs to theft. That the government allows it and even justifies it is mind boggling.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I view theft as taking a piece of your life. You spent some amount of your life doing something to get the money you used to pay for whatever was stolen.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep. What Rey said.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I view theft as taking a piece of your life. You spent some amount of your life doing something to get the money you used to pay for whatever was stolen.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yep. What Rey said.

Interesting. I thought I was the only one who saw it that way.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pro tip-When baiting a porch pirate, disconnect the Ring recording feature.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting. I thought I was the only one who saw it that way.

Nope. Rip their heads off and shit down their necks.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Friend at work had stuff stolen out of his car one night (in his driveway). San Diego PD had the following questions;

Do you have video of the person(s) doing it?
Can you clearly see the face(s) of said person(s)? And;
Do you know who this person(s) is/are?

If he couldn't answer yes to all three, they couldn't promise any in-person response unless an officer was within a few minutes of the house.

Welcome to the revolution.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Texas has it right. In left dominated areas, theft occurs with impunity.

Theft isn't just about property and replacement costs. It's about quality of life. Theft erodes peace of mind. It makes me concerned about replacements that might be stolen again. It makes me concerned about where I park and hurrying back to my care before something gets stolen. It makes my concerned when leaving the house if someone is going to break in again and steal something. It makes vacations less enjoyable by worrying that someone will break-in and steal stuff at their leisure. It makes vacations shorter so that I can hurry back home and protect it.

In many ways, the property is the least valuable thing that is lost. The peace of mind is priceless. Like Rey said, part of my life is stolen.

I hate thieves. And more than that, I hate those in government and LE that condone it. If they allow it, then let us protect ourselves w/ impunity.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My landlady for the campground I live in will be installing cameras on a few days. This will at least record vehicle traffic in and out.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
God, I hate thieves. If you'll accept it, I'd be happy to reimburse you for one of your tanks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys. You're in good company.

They don't steal THINGS. They steal lifespan... utterly non-renewable lifespan that you've spent working or building or honestly acquiring things.

In Georgian England, they absolutely had the right idea. Steal stuff? Hang 'em. The punishment fits the ACTUAL crime.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post