SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    We could have completed the trip in one day but decided to relax at a motel for the night
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We could have completed the trip in one day but decided to relax at a motel for the night Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I stayed in 1 newish nice hotel that had tile floors and long straight hallways. Everybody's door had a really strong self shutting mechanism, and that's all you heard over and over again was everyone's front doors slamming from everyone that went in or out of their room that echoed down the entire hallway. It was a nightmare.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
We stayed at a Home2 the last couple nights as our house got packed up and loaded onto the truck. Overall, it was a good experience. This morning, we were up early and I started packing the car about 2:45 so to get to the airport. The moment I walked out of our room I could smell the Pot and hear the music from a couple doors down. As I got next to the suspect room, the stench intensified and I heard the voices of the partying occupants.

The elevator had a beer spilled on the floor.

After dropping of my load at the car I told the night attendant what was happening upstairs and was surprised none of the neighbors were complaining.

Turned out the occupant was another Hilton employee that worked downtown and the surrounding rooms were vacant. She said she was adding a 250 cleaning charge to the room and his supervisor was going to be notified. He may not be working for Hilton much longer.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
We usually stay at Hilton properties and because we travel frequently we are diamond members which allow us to stay on the corporate executive level...no kids, free bar and very quiet.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
After we sold a house the wife and I and baby grabbed a room in a higher end hotel near our old home as it was too late to travel and we were tired from the days events.

Next to us a bunch of kids were jumping on the beds, making tons of noise, tv blaring, just kids being kids.

I walked out to the hall, got the room number then called it from our room, when the kid answered I told him I was the hotel manager at the front desk and explained that we had several complaints on the noise in their room.
Also noted that their parents had asked us to keep an eye on the room since they had left for dinner and let them know if there were any problems when they returned. Silence followed with a gulp, of course at this time I'd heard "Shhhh shhhh, shut up" it's the manager of the hotel!

My wife was just looking at me like I'd lost my mind, then told the kids that either they could stop all the noise, settle down and watch TV and we'd forget about it, otherwise we could let their parents know when they returned,
Got a nice, yes sir we'll be quiet.....

It was quiet the rest of the night..

Best part had to be the kids having that oh shit burning scared feeling as mom and dad walked back into the room, and wondering if they knew what happened.....

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am on the road about 300 days a year. My company uses extended stay America for hotels. It’s not high class but I have always found the staff attentive, rooms clean, and any problems dealt with quickly.
I was staying in one with “refugees” who decided that 3am was the appropriate time to allow their children to run around. Management put a stop to that in less than 5 minutes.
Now when I am staying in a hotel for personal business I find out who caters to blue collar out of town workers as the blue collar guys tend to go to bed early and are quiet.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Best part had to be the kids having that oh shit burning scared feeling as mom and dad walked back into the room, and wondering if they knew what happened.....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sadly many kids are no longer frightened of what their parents might do. You got lucky. Must have been middle class kids.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best way to deal with loud , unruly guests is to call the front desk and tell them that either they put a stop to it or you will call the Police and let them handle it . The Hotel management usually get's real cooperative at that point . They do NOT want the Police there . It has worked for me .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post