SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Can’t win lately
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can’t win lately Login/Join 
TANSTAAFL
posted
I’m supposed to get my son every other weekend. I was taking half days on those fridays to drive down from Baltimore to NC and back.

The last couple trips have not gone well, I couldn’t finish the work by noon and couldn’t just walk away from the work if I wanted to keep my job. So I was late once and the second time she said don’t bother coming. So it’s been a month. I took the whole day off today to avoid issues and left at 9. Since 1030 I’ve been sitting at a tire store south of DC waiting because a semi lost the tread off a tire in front of me. Took out a tire and the spare somehow. And ripped a big chunk of the back bumper off as it came out.
So again I am late and have no idea when I will get out of here to finish the drive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: buddy357,

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Sorry to read.

I hate people that use children as a weapon, or tool to manipulate or "punish" people.

Good thing I am not a judge, for it would be the fastest way to earn a contempt action.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it feels like every time you get up, you get knocked off your feet again.
It will get better. It really will.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buddy357:
I’m supposed to get my son every other weekend. I was taking half days on those fridays to drive down from Baltimore to NC and back.

The last couple trips have not gone well, I couldn’t finish the work by noon and couldn’t just walk away from the work if I wanted to keep my job. So I was late once and the second time she said don’t bother coming. So it’s been a month. I took the whole day off today to avoid issues and left at 9. Since 1030 I’ve been sitting at a tire store south of DC waiting because a semi lost the tread off a tire tonight in front of me. Took out a tire and the spare somehow. And ripped a big chunk of the back bumper off as it came out.
So again I am late and have no idea when I will get out of here to finish the drive.

enterprise, they will pick you up!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
I thought about a rental. But I would have had to take a day off work next week to return the rental and get the van from the tire shop. And since it’s a company mini-van with all my tools in it I couldn’t do that. I just got back to Baltimore with my son. No way I would have spent four hours of my time with him tomorrow going to get it. I have to take him home and then return to Baltimore Sunday, I don’t get enough time with him to waste.

The crappy part is I had planned to pick him up from school and be back up here by 7 since I had the whole day off. Instead I was late for 6pm again picking him up. I got lucky his mom had dinner plans and left him with her dad. Had he been with her I wouldn’t have been able to get him.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Is there a legal ruling stating that if you are after a certain pick up time, he can't come with you? If not, how does she get to determine what time you get to take him on your legally described visitation weekend?

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
No. The court ruling is pretty vague. But she has been known for leaving for the beach at 6 if I am not on time and taking him with her. And the judges answer when my lawyer got it in court was “you should have been on time, dismissed.” It not fair to her to expect everything be put in hold for me, I know that. That’s why I took the day off.

We can agree to different times and days. And we have when she wasn’t being herself. But if she’s ever nice and works with me I know she wants something. She’s tried to get me to sign papers that her folks get custody if she passes away and she often calls to tell him what he’s missing there and offers to let him come home early. She’s not easy to deal with so I hate doing it.

posted Hide Post
That is a shame. Hope it goes better.

We all go through times when it all seems to go against us.
Have been going through a downer recently myself.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Sounds like all the way around, she wants everything are her convenance and just trying to make you jump thru as many hoops as possible. However there is no wya under the sun and stars I would sign papers for her parents to get custody should something happen to her. she sounds as if she thinks she is entitled.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post