SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Stolen Amazon package
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stolen Amazon package Login/Join 
Caught in a loop
posted
Dirty, rotten, good-for-nothing thieves.

I'd ordered a cheap (and I do mean CHEAP; I paid $20 total for everything) pair of guitar pickups and covers for fitting purposes on the guitar build.

Some chucklefuck didn't just steal my package. He took my stuff, cut the label off the packaging, and taped it to another one. This means that instead of the pickups and covers I was expecting, I got a German vocabulary workbook. It also means that someone, somewhere, is missing that, too.

I called UPS corporate and their response was pretty much "you have no power to initiate anything. Call Amazon."

Amazon, on the other hand, issued a full refund. I mentioned that what I really wanted a replacement, and the nice lady told me that sadly they could only issue a refund as my purchase was only fulfilled by Amazon.

This wasn't stolen off the front porch. I have a box at the UPS Store on the way to work. Have for the past 5+ years, and I highly doubt the owner or his 2 part time employees did it, so what that means is it was either someone in the warehouse, or someone in the shipping pipeline who did the deed.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sheiss verdammt Dieben!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
My guess, and this is really just a guess, is that Amazon tracks this kind of stuff. They most certainly have enough muscle that if they do track it, and it happens enough to cost them real money, then they will force UPS to do something. And UPS will listen to them.

It should not be all that hard for UPS to find the thief if they want to.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fear not. Amazon loss prevention investigation services are VERY efficient. If it happens more than a couple of times from any one source, handcuffs will be applied.

Amazon security is kinda scary. I worked in 9 prisons over the years, and visited a couple of dozen, and Amazon warehouses have, in some respects, better security.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Oh, I have no doubt they take notice.

My sister's fiancee works at HQ. I'm curious how he'll react when I mention it to him when he comes down to visit in a couple of weeks.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Fear not. Amazon loss prevention investigation services are VERY efficient. If it happens more than a couple of times from any one source, handcuffs will be applied.

Amazon security is kinda scary. I worked in 9 prisons over the years, and visited a couple of dozen, and Amazon warehouses have, in some respects, better security.

Must not be too tight of security. I ordered a TLR-6 for my G43 a couple of months ago from Amazon. When it came, the shipping box was untampered with and the TLR-6 packaging was in the box, but the laser sight, batteries and install wrench were gone. Only thing in the box was the manual and that was shoved in the front of the box to "hide" the fact that the items were missing.

Amazon, of course, took care of the issue and sent out a new sight overnight.

Chris

Posts: 1693 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a package from Amazon that was either never delivered or stolen off my front porch. Amazon took care of it.

I kind of hope it was stolen - but I wish I could have seen the thief's expression when he/she opened the box and found a water filter for my fridge!!

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I had an Amazon order either stolen or dropped off at the wrong address. Amazon took care of it and had a replacement item overnighted to me post haste. But, I was less then happy because the lost package had been a leather holster for my P220 so somewhere out there somewhere knows there is at least a full sized Sig in my house.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Sister in law sent a birthday gift from Amazon last week.
Amazon claims it was delivered and signed for.
We never saw it.

I have seen them take a picture upon prior deliveries, so the SIL may be able to get it straightened out.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Must not be too tight of security. I ordered a TLR-6 for my G43 a couple of months ago from Amazon. When it came, the shipping box was untampered with and the TLR-6 packaging was in the box, but the laser sight, batteries and install wrench were gone. Only thing in the box was the manual and that was shoved in the front of the box to "hide" the fact that the items were missing.

Amazon, of course, took care of the issue and sent out a new sight overnight.

Chris

Was I sold and shipped by amazon or only shipped? I bought a Trijicon RMR that was shipped by Amazon and it was definitely used or more likley the display item for a store. It came with the battery installed and dead. Amazon was awesome. It sent me a new one from their stock before I event returned the used one.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I had an Aimpoint Micro T2 I ordered from Amazon that was supposedly delivered by the USPS. It never arrived or got stolen from the front porch?
Amazon sent a replacement over night.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post