SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    5gl of paint now equals 4.75gl
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5gl of paint now equals 4.75gl Login/Join 
Picture of rexles
posted
Bought some Aluminum Roof Paint for my metal barn roof at Lowe's. When did they start cheating you on paint. First it was my Oreo's and now paint.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1110 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, now you have enough to paint your Oreo's without having any leftover to waste.

-sigoptimistmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
5 gals of paint has gone down the path blazed by the 2 x 4.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the 1/2 gallon of ice cream which is now 1.5 quarts.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
It's OK though. The Federal Reserve and the Dept. of Labor Statistics say prices aren't rising. You don't need any interest on savings and you don't need a pay raise. No need for any of that, because inflation is dead. Don't pay any attention to shrinking paint buckets and little ice cream containers. Nothing to see here, because everything's just awesome!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
And the 1/2 gallon of ice cream which is now 1.5 quarts.

And after years of cheating us with ice cream, I just loved Safeway's marketing campaign when they came out with a full 1/2 gallon product, labeled "New Larger Size".

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was just cooking some spaghetti the other day and realized the "1 lb" box of spaghetti was now 12 ounces. Frown

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
A bag of Chips Ahoy is about half the size of what it was when they first came out. Probably good for my waist line though.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I followed home a Ford F150 with 'Platinum' stamped on its tailgate. I suspect it was actually steel or aluminum.

Posts: 324 | Location: Columbus OH | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One good thing about government-bourbon still comes in fifths and halfs.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
I thought paint has always been a pint low to allow for mixing or the addition of pigments.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Duke's proudly states their resistance to this trend right on the label.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
If they market it as tintable, then they're okay.
If they don't, and list it as 5GL, then that's deceptive, and worth some money back.

Edited for spelling as my "smart" phone spellchecker is pretty stupid.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C-Dubs,

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post