SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Buyers Remorse?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buyers Remorse? Login/Join 
Picture of Kraquin
posted
Sold a pistol a few months ago on one of the auction sites. I was the original owner. Had it for 17 years and never had any problems with it. Never carried it. It might have had 100 rounds through it.

I got an email recently from the buyer and says:

- Jams constantly

- Extremely hard to rack

- Problems with the front sight, can't hit target.

Says I should have listed the problems in the description and that the manufacturer will only fix issues if the original owner sends it in. Says he doesn't want to spend hundreds to have a gunsmith fix it.

I did put in the sale description "no returns" because I used to sell antique slot cars on eBay and had people destroy them and say I sent them that way in order to get their money back or "a replacement". Also, once someone receives it you have no way of knowing what they have done to it.

My first thought is buyers remorse and am hesitant to respond. Here's the capper, the buyer registered last July and has only one feedback .... from me and it's positive.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Tell him to go pound sand.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Can't hit target" is a clue to me that there is nothing wrong with the pistol.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did put in the sale description "no returns" because I used to sell antique slot cars on eBay and had people destroy them and say I sent them that way in order to get their money back or "a replacement". Also, once someone receives it you have no way of knowing what they have done to it....

On Ham Radio classified forums, sellers also will post NO returns after the sale due to some people replacing parts, then attempting to return the bought item as faulty.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kraquin:
I got an email recently from the buyer and says:

- Jams constantly

- Extremely hard to rack

- Clean & lube it and/or stop limp-wristing it

- Disregard "clean it." Boy needs to work on his hand and forearm strength

- And learn how to shoot

I'm going with Q's response. Or invite him here if he wants to ask questions about how to solve his issues--none of which I suspect are the fault of the pistol you sold him.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Tell him to go pound sand.

I agree. Sounds very fishy to me. . .

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Tell him problems one and two would be solved if he went to the gym and/or grew a pair and problem three means he needs more training.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
the buyer and says:
- Jams constantly Get some damn grease
- Extremely hard to rack Go to the gym more
- Problems with the front sight, can't hit target. Practice, practice, practice

Empathetic heartfelt response "that's too bad".

Then hang up and have a nice cold beer.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I sold a brand new HK USP years back and a week later the buyer called that it was in fact, NOT NEW and had been fired. Attached digitals of a dirty chamber area with small particles of brass stuck to lube in the area.

I had his phone number so called. Got his WIFE. I barely mentioned the pistol and she goes off on the buyer. How he shouldn't have bought it, they had bills, etc.

I finally got him on the phone and told him it was HIS problem, not mine. End of story.

OP I'd tell the guy "No returns".

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
But, but, he wanted to send back the parts donor for a refund.

It only took seven months to make sure that the barrel and trigger group were the ones he wanted.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had this happen with car parts. My usual response is this isn't Walmart and we don't have a return desk.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
I sold a brand new HK USP years back and a week later the buyer called that it was in fact, NOT NEW and had been fired. Attached digitals of a dirty chamber area with small particles of brass stuck to lube in the area.

I had his phone number so called. Got his WIFE. I barely mentioned the pistol and she goes off on the buyer. How he shouldn't have bought it, they had bills, etc.

I finally got him on the phone and told him it was HIS problem, not mine. End of story.

OP I'd tell the guy "No returns".

First thing I thought of. Wife doesn’t want it in the house and he wants the OP to take the responsibility that he is unwilling to take.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I think I would tell him he needs to review what he may have done to it as it was functioning perfectly when you shipped it.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Response: I hate to hear that, I only put about a hundred rounds thru it and never had a single issue. It was functioning perfectly when I sent it. Good luck on resolving the issues with your pistol.

Then block his number and email if he keeps responding and go about your business.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It worked when you had it and when you sent it, and you specified no refund or exchange? Yeah, tell him to pound sand.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
It worked when you had it and when you sent it, and you specified no refund or exchange? Yeah, tell him to pound sand.

THIS, or do what any dealer would do, offer him half of what you sold it for to buy it back!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Offer to send him a troubleshooting manual, since he seems to have trouble shooting.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's funny.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

That's funny.

Yeah, I thought so too. That and the rest of his complaints made me think he was fishing to see if I was gullible enough to refund his money.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post