SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Taxes and basis - nothing new, just need to vent
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taxes and basis - nothing new, just need to vent Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
First world problem and I know it's not so much a problem as perhaps something to live with as part of a positive.

But frick, in this age of computers and shit, between payroll, brokerages and tax software, why the frick can't these guys make it easy to just plug in numbers rather than making us calculate the proper basis? (the reported basis on 1099 is not correct as it leads to double counting of reported income).

It's a paper chase to find all the acquisition and sales values, reconcile with payroll history in order to calculate a stupid basis number.

ARRRGHHH. It's taken me hours and hours so far to find and gather info and figure out the proper way to calculate the correct basis.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be glad you don't have the no-talent ass clowns at Defense Finance and Accounting Service (but I repeat myself) handling your pay. You could be stuck owing DFAS money--enough for a custom 1911--that they mistakenly paid the IRS as withholding for funds you never received.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post