SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I feel blessed...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel blessed... Login/Join 
posted
I got an email today that Mother Teresa wants to send me money. Over $2 million USD.

Do these Spammers really believe that Americans are that stupid?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Apparently, some miniscule per centage of Americans ARE that stupid, or they wouldn't keep doing it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Didn't Mother Theresa take a vow of poverty?

You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe that she has two million dollars. Of course if she did have it, it's totally believable that she would want to send it to me. After all, I am pretty deserving.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
The particularly nice thing is she's doing it from beyond the grave. How considerate can a person be?

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Nah, once that "click here to make your XXXX bigger" button didn't work I don't trust anything online.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Heather calls me all the time about my credit card. I wish she would just pay it instead of telling me there is nothing wrong.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Yes. It's a numbers game.

It only takes a very minimal amount of effort to send that message out to millions of email addresses.

And it only takes one really stupid person falling for it to pay off.

Even with those millions-to-one odds, from the scammer's perspective, they have nothing to lose and a lot to potentially gain.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read that they make the spam as stupid as possible as a weeding device. They don't want their time wasted by someone dumb enough to respond at first, but smart enough to back out later. They want only the all-out foolish to respond.

Seems plausible.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn't Mother Theresa take a vow of poverty?

Sure she did. How do you think she came up with the 2Mil$. Saved liked a bitch she did.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got an email today that Mother Teresa wants to send me money. Over $2 million USD.

Pennies from heaven.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

For just $10,000 you can feed a village for a whole year. Children with shoes on their feet and food in their bellies, and a new tin siding for their roof.

And if you give $20,000, well you'll receive pictures of all those children who'll write you EVERY day telling you of how wonderful their life is now and, for only another $15,000, they can all go a public which has clean, running water which to wash their faces.

Now please, why do you think they get money?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post