SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Big snow storm today - I got crunched by a SUV driver....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big snow storm today - I got crunched by a SUV driver.... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
FREEKING DAMN IT

Driving home from the cigar store in my wife's Kia during snowmageddon. Going about 5 miles an hour down a side street when out of the blue this woman comes barreling out of the school parking lot. Hits me square on the passenger side and actually pushed in the front wheel and tire. Trying to nurse it home and the tire is scraping against something.

In a perfect world there would be enough damage to total the damn thing. I hate that car.

What a pain in the ass to deal with, waste of time.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
So what was soccer mom’s excuse?

Glad you’re okay, BTW.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what was soccer mom’s excuse?

Said she didn't see me. Roll Eyes

I was directly in front of her, not sure if she was on her phone, but I think she was trying to beat the plow and thought I had passed her already. Nope...too much snow. It was slow going.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12325 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Unsure where you are, but in my neck o' the woods, there's a 50% chance they won't have insurance. Sounds like your Danica Patrick might be a different story.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Unsure where you are, but in my neck o' the woods, there's a 50% chance they won't have insurance. Sounds like your Danica Patrick might be a different story.

To her credit, she had insurance and texted me a photo of her info. I guess it could go south, but she was driving a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Uh oh, most of the Mister Bitchy Highlanders that I see in the local Walmart parking lot are driven by the "free shit" crowd, insurance is pretty iffy with them.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"I didn't see 'X'." should be instant and forever revocation of license.

If you cannot see a ton and a half or better vehicle, or even a 500-1000 lb motorcycle, you cannot see a child or adult walking, standing etc.

You are a total and complete danger to all living things.

Walk. For the rest of your damned life.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read about a judge some years ago who would drop the hammer on a driver who caused a motorcycle accident involving injury who used the alibi: "I didn't see him".

Judge would reply: "You didn't see him because you didn't look".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That's an extreme pain to deal with. Hope they total it. Glad you're not hurt Ronin

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Aches and pains yet? Maybe a visit to the medical profession in the morning?
Police report? Call insurance?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:

To her credit, she had insurance and texted me a photo of her info. I guess it could go south, but she was driving a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander.

I got rear-ended back in November. The guy had insurance but no license, and I'm not 100%, but I think I recall something about State Farm having already canceled his insurance for non-payment. I'll never go without uninsured motorist again.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3352 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As someone who grew up in a snow belt I have two suggestions for you to consider.

1) When the roads turn to shit STAY HOME. When the Lake Erie Snow Machine cranks up the only motor vehicles moving in Buffalo are "Sleds", the cars stay where they are parked.

2) If you haven't heard it yet those Cancer Sticks will KILL YOU. If you want an example of how just google search for pics of Roger Ebert after his lower jaw was removed.

BTW, hope they total your KIA. If they do I would suggest looking into a Chevy Traverse. Note, my Sis has Traverse and loves it. I've driven it on the Blue Ridge Parkway in VA towing a 2800 lbs. boat on an 1100 lbs. trailer and was quite impressed with both it's power and handling. The only area where I found it lacking was in compression braking but I'm used to a 6.3 liter V8 with a 373 axle. On the plus side I did not notice any brake fade.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5646 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Sound like the suspension/frame could be bent. Might total it out.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Sound like the suspension/frame could be bent. Might total it out.

Insurance called the other day and said the same thing. Fingers crossed, we've got GAP insurance and would LOVE if they totaled it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ