SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overabundance of Tacti-dorks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overabundance of Tacti-dorks Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was fed up with practical tactical tards in 2005

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the tacticool crowd. Roll Eyes

Those former SEAL team 33 1\3 types are what pushed me to join a private range.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We have a guy here who wears nothing by tac pants and a black t shirt with "police" on the back. Don't think he owns any other clothing.

Off duty?

What a moron.

Yep. I started to talk to him but the Mrs. said "Who are you to give fashion advice?"

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Is he part of some decoy operation Eek

quote:
quote:
quote:
We have a guy here who wears nothing by tac pants and a black t shirt with "police" on the back. Don't think he owns any other clothing.

Off duty?

What a moron.

Yep. I started to talk to him but the Mrs. said "Who are you to give fashion advice?"

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not making this up, at the Skeet range a while back and a guy shows up with a tactical, camo, drop leg/thigh pouch for his shells. Looked extremely uncomfortable, but damn tactical.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, you guys are mocking them, but failure to heed their advice or follow their "training regimen" will "get you killed". It's serious business out there.......really.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Off duty?

What a moron.

LOL - reminds of me...

"Hey Ray, do you ever wear one that says "Undercover"?"

Big Grin

Posts: 12541 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Where else does one learn the "ningy chop" and "Judy chop"?

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
Where else does one learn the "ningy chop" and "Judy chop"?

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m guilty of wearing 5.11 pants when I’m off. Recent weight gain-tac pants kinda expand. Like taking the laces off the flak vest.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope my Wrangler cargo pocket pants aren't mistaken for or fall into that tacticool pants. I only wear them in the summer because they have a nice little cell phone pocket.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Saw one at the range wearing a headset, a boonie hat, tat sleeve, Ray-Bans. I couldn't help but to snigger.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
*shrug*

I wear 5.11s off duty sometimes. They're comfortable and durable.

As for the ""shoot me first pants" thing, they're not really any different than generic cargo pants.

Pants alone don't make you a target, nor do they make you a "tactidork".

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hell no. Those pants are practical and very comfy. As long as you don't wear a molon labe shirt and carry a G19 with a comp and rmr in an "appendix rig" simultaneously you're fine.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Hell no. Those pants are practical and very comfy. As long as you don't wear a molon labe shirt and carry a G19 with a comp and rmr in an "appendix rig" simultaneously you're fine.

Pretty sure you'd need a drop leg to complete the outfit.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Is a chest holster OK?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't forget the requisite tactical beard, and velcro patch ballcap with "III%" and/or "Sheepdog" morale patch affixed.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Is a chest holster OK?

Oh, no. True Tactidorks are very serious about concealing their firearm when out in public, because they "don't want to give up the element of surprise", while simultaneously making it as obvious as possible that they're the kind of guy who's carrying a firearm.

Call it the "neon gray man contradiction".

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
neon gray man

Big Grin

All said, a drop-leg holster is an instant giveaway, 99+% of the time.

You better be rocking some serious swagger to get a pass on one, otherwise I'll actually lol.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
neon gray man

Big Grin

All said, a drop-leg holster is an instant giveaway, 99+% of the time.

You better be rocking some serious swagger to get a pass on one, otherwise I'll actually lol.

Especially when I pretty much never see a drop-leg on any of the real .mil / . gov dudes I see training to do real shit.

Standard thought is that drop-legs are for FOBITS and Staff pukes.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
with "III%" and/or "Sheepdog" ANY AND ALL morale patch affixed

FIFY

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post