SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overabundance of Tacti-dorks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overabundance of Tacti-dorks Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So what is worse, Tacti-Dorks or talkative Fudds?

You know, the kind that spend 85% of the range time talking to anyone who will listen and think that a cold range is a mandatory 15 min chatty-kathy session?

Also distinguishable having about 15 different handgun cases arrayed around them, and do all their shooting benchresting each handgun at 5 yards.

The 1911s they have often jam, followed by much consternation and fiddling?

And they open carry OWB LCPs and J-frames. With empty chambers of course, to give themselves time to think if they really want to shoot someone. And alternate FMJs and JHPs.

Lol.

LMAO!
And they will ALWAYS tell you about how the Taurus Judge is the PERFECT home defense weapon.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Just don't confuse it with irony and parody.

I painted my .22LR AR a desert like camo because I thought it woukd be funny.
People would ask me about it and I'd say "Yeah, isnt it stupid?" Big Grin

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Just don't confuse it with irony and parody.

I painted my .22LR AR a desert like camo because I thought it woukd be funny.
People would ask me about it and I'd say "Yeah, isnt it stupid?" Big Grin

But I'll bet it made it run better Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
So what is worse, Tacti-Dorks or talkative Fudds?

You know, the kind that spend 85% of the range time talking to anyone who will listen and think that a cold range is a mandatory 15 min chatty-kathy session?

Also distinguishable having about 15 different handgun cases arrayed around them, and do all their shooting benchresting each handgun at 5 yards.

The 1911s they have often jam, followed by much consternation and fiddling?

And they open carry OWB LCPs and J-frames. With empty chambers of course, to give themselves time to think if they really want to shoot someone. And alternate FMJs and JHPs.

Lol.

LMAO!
And they will ALWAYS tell you about how the Taurus Judge is the PERFECT home defense weapon.

Along with a pump 12ga 'shotty', because "you just have to rack it and the bad guys will run away..."

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Look for the "John Wick" tramp stamp.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
They become cops, too. Drive me nuts. I'm fortunate that my group I work with are not these types.

Best part of that is when they show up to the range with more shit hung on an AR than you can imagine. And most of it made by Tapco. The look like SEAL TEAM 26, but have the gear and ability of EASTER SEAL TEAM 26.

I am gonna borrow that line

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
they will ALWAYS tell you about how the Taurus Judge is the PERFECT home defense weapon.
Now's your chance. Taurus is one of the specials on today's email from Gallery Of Guns. You snooze, you lose!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
They become cops, too. Drive me nuts. I'm fortunate that my group I work with are not these types.

Best part of that is when they show up to the range with more shit hung on an AR than you can imagine. And most of it made by Tapco. The look like SEAL TEAM 26, but have the gear and ability of EASTER SEAL TEAM 26.

I am gonna borrow that line

Lol, funny thing my son has laughed at two names in the firearm industry since he was old enough to go to the range - "Tapco" and "Promag".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I'll give leg holsters a hand, as they are the only ones who hit me in a sweet spot on my arm to gun draw. Until I sit down and its like WTF how do I draw this.

I like the SLS holsters. Used 6004s are cheap. So, I have several. Run them as described above. Top strap replaced with belt adapter, top leg strap removed, about as high as I can get without neutering myself. Usually trim the plate down to fit better & remove top strap (or buy the small plate Safariland sells). My last was $18.

Plus, fat guys like me can't really work AIWB or 4 o'clock easily.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I got hammered a couple years ago for asking why an average civilian would need/want a plate carrier setup. There were some good points, but in the end, it was a bunch of tactical-fan-boys spending money on shit they didn’t need.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
How to become a range tacti-douche

1.Look cool as fuck
2.draw from your appendix carry rig narrowly missing your dick when your finger rides the trigger
3.shoot 2 round string
4.miss target completely
5.come back to high ready
6.look to both sides to make sure no one saw how shitty you are with a pistol
7.reholster
8.walk over and critique everyone else’s grip and stance.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess I was doing it wrong all along.

During combat patrols, I was trying to keep weight as low as possible. Humping more weight over miles and miles was painful...

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:
Don't forget the Maxpedition diaper bags in FDE or Multicam.

Mine is black and I sure as hell don't carry my pistol in there. Wink

That is my “go to” gift for friends who recently had a baby. I just gave the one I owned for 10yrs to a friend who had his first born.

It got me through 2 sons. I pointed out it would hold a days worth of baby gear, and you could wear it so both arms were free, just in case you had to do “Dad” stuff.

Should I have gotten him a patch??

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:

Guess I was doing it wrong all along.

During combat patrols, I was trying to keep weight as low as possible. Humping more weight over miles and miles was painful...

Yep. You were doing it wrong. Because Tapco doesn't weigh anything. You also didn't mention doing room clearing CQB type stuff with insisting your MONOPOD be fully extended. When I ask why, you need to respond "just in case I have to go prone". Inside a 10x12 room. Inside a trailer in western KY. At about the same time you $100 optic goes down. And your rifle ties up because when I said "Hey man, your rifle is dry, you need to put some lube on it" and you reply "It is lubed". And then you blame the 1970s vintage 20 round magazine. That would cut into your Tapco budget if you actually replaced it. Because magazine do wear out and need to be replaced with quality magazines from time to time.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I've been away from that game for a long time now. What ever happened to 1* patches

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a died-in-the-wool (or cotton) blue jean wearer or a very long time. I found myself in Bagdad looking at a lot of people wearing 5.11's, and laughging. Then I got a deal I couldn't pass up on price and ordered some, to wear out, and they were a lot more comfortable. I found that my back problems at the time almost went away when I moved to wider web belts, and after that I couldn't care less what they looked like.

Looser-cut pants and a wider belt today, and I appreciate it more and more as I get older. If comfortable is tactical (or visa versa), so be it. For working, I like pants with cargo pockets and pants I can tear up, move around in, and stay comfortable. LA Police Gear makes some decent ones, and they're priced right, and I don't care if they get torn up. For wear around town, I like Vertex, because they're the most comfortable I've found.

Shoot-me-first pants? Maybe, but I'll die comfy.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post