SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overabundance of Tacti-dorks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overabundance of Tacti-dorks Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:E]

Oh, no. True Tactidorks are very serious about concealing their firearm when out in public, because they "don't want to give up the element of surprise", while simultaneously making it as obvious as possible that they're the kind of guy who's carrying a firearm.

Call it the "neon gray man contradiction".

Don't forget the Maxpedition diaper bags in FDE or Multicam.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig229owner
posted Hide Post
Geez...

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, you guys waaaay more concerned about what other folks are wearing at the range than I ever have been.

I go to the range to practice. I could care less what the guy in the booth next to me is wearing. As long as he is keeping his muzzle down range, he could be wearing a multi-cam tutu covered in morale patches for all I care.

You sound like a bunch of high school girls...

Just my opinion of course...

Posts: 801 | Registered: July 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
*shrug*

I wear 5.11s off duty sometimes. They're comfortable and durable.

As for the ""shoot me first pants" thing, they're not really any different than generic cargo pants.

Pants alone don't make you a target, nor do they make you a "tactidork".

About all the pants I own now are that style (5:11-Propper).

I own one pair of blue jeans, several insulated Carhartt pants.

Having pockets to put all my junk in is mainly why I like those cargo pants, however, I have no use for cotton pants anymore.

I can stick dog treats in those cargo pants for when I walk my dogs, paper towels, leashes, etc.

And most have elastic waistbands, so they are much more comfortable .

But I can understand what most are getting at here. I am hardly the model for Tacticool.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229owner:
Geez...

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, you guys waaaay more concerned about what other folks are wearing at the range than I ever have been.

I go to the range to practice. I could care less what the guy in the booth next to me is wearing. As long as he is keeping his muzzle down range, he could be wearing a multi-cam tutu covered in morale patches for all I care.

Agree 100% as long as they don’t want to chat or offer their tactical opinions I could care less if they came in dressed like Elton John.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'll give leg holsters a hand, as they are the only ones who hit me in a sweet spot on my arm to gun draw. Until I sit down and its like WTF how do I draw this.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Don't forget the Maxpedition diaper bags in FDE or Multicam.

Mine is black and I sure as hell don't carry my pistol in there. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
he could be wearing a multi-cam tutu covered in morale patches for all I care.

I 'd be kinda nervous.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
one felt the need to walk past me when we called the range cold, right after I had shot,

big cloud just kinda hung there, and he appeared offended by the smoke and smell

funny group, not interested in any small talk outside of the group,

Sir those were minutemen (AKA American patriots), and they dont care for you bloody limey brits shooting your brown bess muskets.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
he could be wearing a multi-cam tutu covered in morale patches for all I care.

I 'd be kinda nervous.

How about a UCP skirt? How does that make you feel? Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
We had knee socks and garters in Boy Scouts. Nostalgic.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by sig229owner:
Geez...

Agree 100% as long as they don’t want to chat or offer their tactical opinions I could care less if they came in dressed like Elton John.

So......you boys going to the range together later to Molon on each other's Labe's?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
neon gray man

Big Grin

All said, a drop-leg holster is an instant giveaway, 99+% of the time.

You better be rocking some serious swagger to get a pass on one, otherwise I'll actually lol.

I really do think that anyone who buys a drop leg holster has never actually used one for anything other than the range..
I was forced to get one in the army, I had a good one and all they do is slowly make their way to the front of your leg as you walk/run no matter what you do.
I was very happy with my M9 on my belt even in full battle rattle in a truck turret but noooo. Sgt. Tacti-tard who thought he was super high speed declared that I couldn’t get to it as fast. I challenged him to a a contest to see who could draw faster best out of 3, bitch pulled rank..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I did actually like my drop-leg holster more than my regular belt one. We only wore them when were were doing *tatcial shit* though lol

But I'm fun-sized. The drop leg holster put my gun just right for me. And mine didn't move around much. I never wore it unless we were doing an operation or warrant, or we were at the range training.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I really do think that anyone who buys a drop leg holster has never actually used one for anything other than the range..

I'll partly agree with you.

People who wear them down towards their knee (which seems to be most of them) have never actually used it for anything other than the range.

Drop leg holsters can make sense in some limited situations. But in order for them to be stable and useful, you need to have the drop leg holster positioned as high as possible towards the belt, where the bottom strap is sitting in the crease of your groin, practically crunching your nuts. Basically offering an alternative to a low-ride drop/offset belt adapter.

(In Chongo's case, being fun-sized, I suspect that no matter where he positions it on his thigh, it's going to high up close to his belt. Hence his lack of issues. Big Grin)

Yes:

No:

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I looked like #1, high and tight Big Grin

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I could care less what the guy in the booth next to me is wearing. As long as he is keeping his muzzle down range, he could be wearing a multi-cam tutu covered in morale patches for all I care.

Don't forget the plate carrier.
When I saw Mr. Cool at the range I almost asked why he just didn't wait for the range to be called cold to change targets but I'm very polite when carrying.
I waited until I was at least 10 feet away before I couldn't hold in the laughter anymore.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
How about a UCP skirt? How does that make you feel? Big Grin

That's a kilt.Wink There is a difference.CoolThe big question is, is he a good Scottsman?

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
That's a kilt.Wink There is a difference.Cool

I'm aware. But in that guy's case, I've downgraded it to "skirt" due to his sheer tacti-dorkiness. Wink

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So what is worse, Tacti-Dorks or talkative Fudds?

You know, the kind that spend 85% of the range time talking to anyone who will listen and think that a cold range is a mandatory 15 min chatty-kathy session?

Also distinguishable having about 15 different handgun cases arrayed around them, and do all their shooting benchresting each handgun at 5 yards.

The 1911s they have often jam, followed by much consternation and fiddling?

And they open carry OWB LCPs and J-frames. With empty chambers of course, to give themselves time to think if they really want to shoot someone. And alternate FMJs and JHPs.

Lol.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This guy.
He III%'s his little heart out.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post