SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Overabundance of Tacti-dorks
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Overabundance of Tacti-dorks Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted
Anyone else sick of these posing, molle clad, greasy bearded, morale patch covered, high drag, low speed, wanna-be-instructor-types that seem to be the only gun guys on Youtube anymore?
You know the type. Oily beard, deosn't own a shirt that doesn't say Glock or Molon Labe, always name dropping the latest en vogue tactical shooting instructor names, conceal carries a Glock 19 with an RMR, comp, and $2k in stippling, carries 3 tourniquets and 5 extra mags but doesn't seem to own a toothbrush.
I'm sick of that guy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Totally agree. "Condo-Commandos".

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Condo-Commandos".

Stolen! Smile

Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Gecko45 lives!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
https://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/ is a blog that does a great job making fun of those kind of YouTube mall ninjas.

I check there every so often, when I need a laugh.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
morale patches, not moral.

and yeah, they're dorks.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Change the channel?

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Change the channel?

But then who will Molan my Labe?

posted Hide Post
What is this Youtube you speak of? Never mind, I don't care.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
morale patches, not moral.

and yeah, they're dorks.

What if my patch says "True love waits"?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
They become cops, too. Drive me nuts. I'm fortunate that my group I work with are not these types.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
They become cops, too. Drive me nuts. I'm fortunate that my group I work with are not these types.

Best part of that is when they show up to the range with more shit hung on an AR than you can imagine. And most of it made by Tapco. The look like SEAL TEAM 26, but have the gear and ability of EASTER SEAL TEAM 26.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
the range I belong to has a tactical shooting group,
guys dressed like mall ninja's shooting poppers etc at 100 or less,

I was on the range one day while they were doing drills or whatever they do,

I was shooting a brown bess, and was considerate enough to get on the other end of the range (I was position 3 or so, they were down on 20)

one felt the need to walk past me when we called the range cold, right after I had shot,

big cloud just kinda hung there, and he appeared offended by the smoke and smell,

funny group, not interested in any small talk outside of the group,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:funny group, not interested in any small talk outside of the group,

Need to maintain OPSEC

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:funny group, not interested in any small talk outside of the group,

Need to maintain OPSEC

Big Grin

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old but appropriate saying:
"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have a guy here who wears nothing by tac pants and a black t shirt with "police" on the back. Don't think he owns any other clothing.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
We have a guy here who wears nothing by tac pants and a black t shirt with "police" on the back. Don't think he owns any other clothing.

Off duty?

What a moron.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

I have a couple of young guys that work with me that wear nothing but 5.11 pants,

we call them 'shoot me first pants'