SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Too Many "Reserved" Parking Spots at Retail Stores
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Many "Reserved" Parking Spots at Retail Stores Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I park in the pro spots at my local Home Depot. What are they going to do? They don’t have any idea if I’m a “pro” or not

Hummm. Perhaps the "Pro" gets a window sticker for parking, or perhaps a mirror hanger. I'll try and think to check next time. Big Grin

well,

if you have paint (various colors) on your bumper and or tail gate,

at least one corner dented, and maybe a cracked light (front or rear) with tape on it,

you may pass

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ADA specifies one Handicapped spot for every 25
Is that in all parking lots? Or just hospitals?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Is that in all parking lots? Or just hospitals?
All lots as I read it .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A hospital is the absolute worst place to try and find a handicapped space.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
well,

if you have paint (various colors) on your bumper and or tail gate,

at least one corner dented, and maybe a cracked light (front or rear) with tape on it,

you may pass

This is kind of what I figured. My truck has the dents and scratches of a 22 year old truck that was used as a truck. It’s far from a showpiece and I never bought it for that reason.

I think anyone who sees it wouldn’t think twice about it being a work truck.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^
That is generally regulated by the city and how much they enforce these things. It took years to get my landlord to put in a ramp into my office. The city and landlord could care less. The number of parking spaces is also specified by the city. It all boils down to enforcement. Our hospital does have stork parking.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'am pretty sure I wrote about this same situation at Wal Mart ,
a year or so ago.

But I can't find it in the search

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Firemen, State L.E. , Army, Navy, Marine's, Coast Guard, county L.E. ,
and City L.E.,

Should all get at least two covered parking spaces reserved

Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I do amuse myself by parking my F-150 in the, "Green Vehicle" reserved parking spaces. Hey, it's got the EcoBoost motor, it's trying...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^
That is generally regulated by the city and how much they enforce these things. It took years to get my landlord to put in a ramp into my office. The city and landlord could care less. The number of parking spaces is also specified by the city. It all boils down to enforcement. Our hospital does have stork parking.
When we do commercial development , the City Inspector AND the State Fire Marshall both inspect for ADA compliance . The specs are there and they are extensive .

Posts: 4056 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
OK, that pic is downright hilarious.

I gotta admit, I have never seen a "green vehicle" parking spot. But then, this is Missouri. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

From the way they've been applied here, I am led to believe that the ADA "standards" are recommendations. It is up to the local (city/state) authorities to employ and/or enforce them, or not.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:

From the way they've been applied here, I am led to believe that the ADA "standards" are recommendations. It is up to the local (city/state) authorities to employ and/or enforce them, or not.
https://www.access-board.gov/g...ndards/ada-standards

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:

That clause, "apply to facilities covered by the ADA in new construction and alterations", is probably why they are applied in this small town on a spotty basis. Many buildings have stood, unmodified, for quite some time. We don't have any malls, just a couple of strip centers. Safeway recently updated their wheel chair parking spaces because they were making modifications.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
quote:

That clause, "apply to facilities covered by the ADA in new construction and alterations", is probably why they are applied in this small town on a spotty basis. Many buildings have stood, unmodified, for quite some time. We don't have any malls, just a couple of strip centers. Safeway recently updated their wheel chair parking spaces because they were making modifications.
If somebody complains , the property owner is going to have to comply . We remodeled a small Bank branch building and I was there when the State Fire Marshall came out . She checked all kinds of things I never realized were required . It was a good thing the Architect knew her stuff and put it in the design .