SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Too Many "Reserved" Parking Spots at Retail Stores
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Too Many "Reserved" Parking Spots at Retail Stores Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
How do they know if you are a PRO ? Do you get a special license plate or windshield decal?

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Pencil behind ear, jeans that fit, good tan and cowboy hat depending on the state. Having that swagger helps too. A large pickup helps complete the picture. A little plug of chewing tobacco tops it off.

In my county all you need is the truck and it has to be a 3/4 ton or bigger. I walked into the local rental place and said I needed a Bobcat with a grapple and a trailer. They said my V8 Dakota was too small to tow it. The next time and everytime thereafter I showed up in my F350 and they ask what can we get for you today, sir?

We we're having some remodeling work done on our house and I pulled in the driveway. One of the subs starts talking to me about something. We talk for about 5 minutes and my wife comes out of the house. The guy says wait, your not the contractor? He then tells me he figured I was the contractor because of the truck.

Go to home depot and ask for two pallets of mulch. Lady asked what I'm driving. I say F350, she says I'm good. I say that's what my wife tells me.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local bank has a spot for "Hometown Heroes," for first responders and such. I figure parking there guarantees that my truck will be keyed.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
one grocery store I ran had a relatively large parking lot,

we had 2 sets of handicap parking, one set on each side of the building (basically in front of each entrance)

each set had 6 parking spots,

they rarely filled up, but it was mandated by some code that we had to have that many,

so,

get called up front, guy wants to complain about the spots,

dude is pissed, because one car is parked in the closest spot, (the rest are empty) and that car did not have a handicap plate, or placard on the dash or hanging from the rear view mirror,

he was pissed, because his grandmother had to walk farther as in around, that car,,

I apologize etc etc, good customer service etc etc,

he demands I have the car towed,

nope, says I , not gonna happen, would rather wait , since the other 5 spots on that side are empty, no need to get drastic,

suddenly I was the most insensitive person ever, and he wanted my boss, and the corporate number

nope, if you have a complaint, please use the website on the receipt, or go online, (boss would have had a cow if I had given out his office or cell number for something like this)

fine, dude says, I'll have it towed myself, and pulls out his cell phone,

I remind him that before he leaves, and before that car is hooked up to the wrecker, he would need to give me a copy of his DL ,

why, he says,

cause I want to be able to tell whoever owns that car why it is not there, and who had it towed,

and when they call the police, the police will know who stole the car,,,

and by the way sir,, is your grandmother still shopping, I would like to apologize to her myself,

ah ah ah no,
she was hear last week, I just wanted to follow up ,,,

he did seem to get the sarcasm when I told him to have a great day, and thank you soo much for letting me know, and by the way, I'll get your license number so I can call the law is someone's car goes missing,

he tried that stunt one more time, with on of my Comanagers, but left when he realized I had been called and was on the way to the front,

dude was mid 30's..

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
he demands I have the car towed
Why would he want you to have the car towed? Around here, just call the police and have the car ticketed. It's a $250.00 fine.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Why would he want you to have the car towed? Around here, just call the police and have the car ticketed. It's a $250.00 fine.

cause he was an idiot

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
cause he was an idiot
We are surrounded by them. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Good luck with getting the cop to have it towed. The cop may have been busy servicing his beat wife, or having a doughnut, or having coffee. Or was just contrary (stubborn) and not like being ordered around by an asshole. But it would be fun to watch.

After my bypass surgery, I politely asked my surgeon for a handicap hang tag. He said he wanted me to walk and that I wasn't "handicapped". Fast forward a few days and we got a ton of snow. My wife parked in the far end of the lot and I foolishly went to the grocery with her. To get into the building, I had to walk past about a dozen signs reserving spots for pregnant women, handicaapped, vets, you name it. Then came the berm. Plow drivers are still near the top of my most hated list.

I don't have any green tip. But I was thinking about using them on the bastards. Well, I didn't climb the berm, I told my wife I'd be in the car, waiting. If I had to hug a pillow to get home from the hospital, I wasn't risking a fall on the ice mountain. Besides, it wouldn't matter, even if I did have a hang tag, I'd still need to climb over the ridge.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always hoped they would put the folks in charge of the handicapped spaces, in charge of the commodes in the men's room, too many of one, too few of the other.
I do take advantage of the VETERAN'S spaces but some stores only have COMBAT WOUNDED VETERAN spaces and I'll be damned if I am going out and getting myself shot over a parking space.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went to Lowe's today. Couldn't decide whether to use a Veteran spot, or a handicapped spot.

Fortunately, they were right next to each other, so I was able to straddle the line and use half of each. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
One small sporting goods store on the west coast, it may have been Bellingham Wa or Newport Oregon had a spot reserved for Active Duty members, first time I seen that, very nice. Y’all should check out big military base exchange parking lots, rows of reserved spaces for senior officers, top tier enlisted members, then moms and expecting moms, bless all of us who are healthy enough to walk any distance, enjoy it while you can.

Posts: 19 | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Home Deopt & Lowes - 10 prime spots for online order pickup. Are there that many people showing up at once? And, reserved spots for "Pros." At least Lowe's reserves a couple for veterans.

Walmart - I think 8 reserved spots at the front just popped-up for Rx pickups.

I mean come on, this is getting out of hand.

At Lowes I am often "Employee of the Month" and at the grocery store I have been known to park at a charging station (that I have not one time seen used) and toff the cable under my car

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Home Deopt & Lowes - 10 prime spots for online order pickup. Are there that many people showing up at once? And, reserved spots for "Pros." At least Lowe's reserves a couple for veterans.

Walmart - I think 8 reserved spots at the front just popped-up for Rx pickups.

I mean come on, this is getting out of hand.

At Lowes I am often "Employee of the Month" and at the grocery store I have been known to park at a charging station (that I have not one time seen used) and toff the cable under my car

I like that. It's creative !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I park in the pro spots at my local Home Depot. What are they going to do? They don’t have any idea if I’m a “pro” or not and I’ve never seen the spots even close to full. I also don’t tend to shop when the actual pros do.

I’m in and out long before they could get a tow truck.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

At Lowes I am often "Employee of the Month"
Yeah, but have you ever been an expectant mother?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bahhahaha

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Lowes should add spaces for HEALTHCARE Heroes. LOL

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I park in the pro spots at my local Home Depot. What are they going to do? They don’t have any idea if I’m a “pro” or not

Hummm. Perhaps the "Pro" gets a window sticker for parking, or perhaps a mirror hanger. I'll try and think to check next time. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The opposite side of the coin: Today we were at the hospital, which has too *few* handicapped spaces.

All the handicapped spaces (perhaps eight or ten) were already taken. The loading/unloading zone was full of empty, unattended cars. I ended up taking a regular space, then only pulling the van half-way into it while I unloaded the wheelchair and got my wife into it, then pulling the rest of the way into the space. All the cars that wanted to go through there had to take turns and squeeze by.

Reverse the process when it's time to leave.

We weren't alone doing this. It's a *hospital*. Lots of people in *wheelchairs*. Generally, they come in *automobiles".

Little or no thought went into the parking lot design.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Other than the marked handicapped spots, I park in whatever space I happen to feel like. Nothing illegal about using one of the others.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
The opposite side of the coin: Today we were at the hospital, which has too *few* handicapped spaces.

All the handicapped spaces (perhaps eight or ten) were already taken. The loading/unloading zone was full of empty, unattended cars. I ended up taking a regular space, then only pulling the van half-way into it while I unloaded the wheelchair and got my wife into it, then pulling the rest of the way into the space. All the cars that wanted to go through there had to take turns and squeeze by.

Reverse the process when it's time to leave.

We weren't alone doing this. It's a *hospital*. Lots of people in *wheelchairs*. Generally, they come in *automobiles".

Little or no thought went into the parking lot design.
The ADA specifies one Handicapped spot for every 25 .

Posts: 4049 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post